Value of: Cody Glass

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
If someone was willing to let him make his mistakes and keep playing for a bit I'm not sold he couldn't be half decent, but that is also assuming he can stay healthy enough to do anything with that kind of opportunity.

I'd be fine with Robertson, problem is if he was having issues getting playing time in Toronto I have little faith he wouldn't hit the same wall here with Brunette.
Feel like Robertson would just fall into the bin Tomasino has with Brunette but also with Robertson having the injury history he does.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I wish he was a bit bigger and a bit stronger. He's got decent skill, good hockey IQ, and does decently on the defensive side. Would be a good replacement for Sissons eventually but he's not capable of playing that physically or staying healthy.
The "staying healthy" part... another team could gamble on that. The physicality/intensity part... I mean he only just turned 25, so he's not completely "done" yet... except... it's kind of an issue that has dogged him since his draft year. It's definitely getting to be kind of long odds on him making a change in that area, alas. :dunno:
:(

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Can he play the wing ?

If so, I could see Montreal throwing a middling pick (someone else suggested a 3d and I figure that makes sense) to give him a chance on a team with room in the top-9 and no critical need to perform immediately, and without Nashville needing to take any salary back or retain.

Glass
Askarov

For

Pezzetta
Barron(RFA)
2nd round pick
3rd round pick
Come on man. If you had Askarov, would you move him for Barron and a 2nd ? (Pezzetta holds negligible value, and the 3d seems to be Glass's value)

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Can he play the wing ?

If so, I could see Montreal throwing a middling pick (someone else suggested a 3d and I figure that makes sense) to give him a chance on a team with room in the top-9 and no critical need to perform immediately, and without Nashville needing to take any salary back or retain.
Yes, he really sucked on the dot when he first got here, idk what Vegas did to him but his confidence was shot, he got better the year before this one, but now I feel like it's back to square one.

CanadianKingsFan19

Feb 18, 2023
Would there be any takers for Cody Glass? He's the first logical choice to get the preds cap compliant. He's had periods of solid play but they've been spread between injuries. Is there any value here or is this a guy we have to waive and add a cheap pick to clear?
Would Glass for Kaliyev work. Wouldn't mind him in LA. I think he would be a good fit.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Would Glass for Kaliyev work. Wouldn't mind him in LA. I think he would be a good fit.
To me, I don't think Kaliyev would ever play for the Preds. He just doesn't seem like the kind of player Brunette wants. And I don't mean that in an ignorant/rude way to your player... just, we couldn't give Tolvanen/Fagemo any spot either. Or less similar but also talented youngsters like Tomasino. Kaliyev would face exactly the same hurdles in Nashville as he just faced in LA.

That said, if his Cap hit is less than the $2.5M Glass represents... ok! Sold! :(

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
He's not worth a roster spot to pretty much any team. He needs to rebound in lower leagues to even get another ticket.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I've been proposing Cody Glass for Rasmus Kupari...If Glass finds his game he could play 2C here, maybe he could be some pressure on Mason Appleton's checking line role...I'd say both players go into TC on the cusp of waivers, Nashville gets some cap relief. Jets get a reclamation project.

Reactions: mondo3

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
GMs when his agent comes calling:

1720851312842.gif

• Haha
Reactions: banks

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He's not worth a roster spot to pretty much any team. He needs to rebound in lower leagues to even get another ticket.
$2.5 mill cap hit. If he was $1.5 mill I think more teams would take a shot even via waivers, as at worst it only eats $400K of dead cap if you end up sending him down to the A if he doesn't work out.

It's the reality of players who are bigger, at 6'2 and 200 lbs teams just expect a certain level of physical play unless your points are able to offset that, which Glass doesn't score enough. No different than a smaller player as teams expect some type of speed/quickness/tenancity from them.

Only a few teams would take a shot with him via waivers to see if they can get something and risk the cap room. It's only 1 year left.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
As a Winterhawks fan, I always found it amazing how he went so high yet Jarvis dropped out of the top ten in his draft. Scouts out think themselves all the time

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
As a Winterhawks fan, I always found it amazing how he went so high yet Jarvis dropped out of the top ten in his draft. Scouts out think themselves all the time
Based on the scouting services in 2017, Glass went right about where he should have. Button, for his compared him to Scheiffle. It's the reality of drafting 18 year olds.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Based on the scouting services in 2017, Glass went right about where he should have. Button, for his compared him to Scheiffle. It's the reality of drafting 18 year olds.

I know he went right around where projected. As an armchair hockey fan, i always thought Jarvis looked like a better player at their respective draft years. I hear ya though, def not an exact science. I am surprised that Glass busted out though. Hopefully he can get another shot and stick somewhere. I got to meet his billet family and they raved about what a good kid he was.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I know he went right around where projected. As an armchair hockey fan, i always thought Jarvis looked like a better player at their respective draft years. I hear ya though, def not an exact science. I am surprised that Glass busted out though. Hopefully he can get another shot and stick somewhere. I got to meet his billet family and they raved about what a good kid he was.
He wasn't rushed to the NHL. Played out his CHL eligibility. Looking back, probably should have spent his first year pro in 19-20 mostly in the AHL vs the NHL.

Reactions: PDX Flyer

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I believed in this guy for a long time. But I don't think there's much value left now.

But I'd sure roll the dice if I was a rebuilding team. Someone with a slim chance to end up as a 2nd or 3rd line C, for free? A team should be on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad