Coaching is a serious problem.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
They stink the joint out game after game Pezz still sits. I know he isn’t the answer but he always plays with energy.

No one sits with MSL
I was afraid that hiring a peewee coach would eventually show itself. I don't watch his press conferences anymore, he talks a good game but I don't see the qualities of an NHL coach.

Reactions: mdk

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
I was afraid that hiring a peewee coach would eventually show itself. I don't watch his press conferences anymore, he talks a good game but I don't see the qualities of an NHL coach.
It’s clear he doesn’t know what he is doing.

The George Constanza of NHL coaches.

Tuesday they are going to get trounced

Reactions: Theodore450

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Young team. Thought they did well under the circumstances, aside from all the penalties.

Dach was shit tonight.

I wouldn't hang your feelings on the games this year based on wins and losses. There will be far more losses than wins.
This is when you give the kid a chance to break out of it.
You do not punish him because of a penalty that vets have been taking and getting away with since MSL took over.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
This is when you give the kid a chance to break out of it.
You do not punish him because of a penalty that vets have been taking and getting away with since MSL took over.
In the shootout you put your most skilled players out there. MSL sacrificed the entire team's effort to punish Dach.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Wifi was better in his rookie year. He has regressed, not sure why but his confidence is shot.
At this point, I'd just send him to Laval and let him play and succeed there until better times. Honestly I can just see Habs eventually losing him and him becoming a force somewhere else.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
In the shootout you put your most skilled players out there. MSL sacrificed the entire team's effort to punish Dach.
You’re making it seem like he put Gallagher and Savard in before him. Everyone that had an attempt has talent.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
What is the problem to discuss on a hockey board - not Earth threatening - about the state of the actual Habs’ coaching staff ? MSL is like Mario Tremblay back then, experience wise. Which is: NONE at all ! Of course MSL is cute with his statements while Mario was just a guy from his era, tough and bad communicator.

Of course people are free to discuss it just as I am free to criticize their opinions and lack of hockey IQ

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
You’re making it seem like he put Gallagher and Savard in before him. Everyone that had an attempt has talent.
I make it sound like he didn't prioritize winning over punishment. He is a top 6 player who needed something to feel good about. Scoring in the shoot out and maybe helping his team win should have been priority.

Reactions: No More Subban

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I make it sound like he didn't prioritize winning over punishment. He is a top 6 player who needed something to feel good about. Scoring in the shoot out and maybe helping his team win should have been priority.
He has zero confidence and can’t shoot to begin with. Combine that with the fact he’s playing like absolute shit, if you want the second point, he’s not exactly the first guy I think of.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I am not on the fire MSL train but I would like to see the players execute some basic defensive plays out there and there shouldn't be confusion on the ice in year 3 of a coach's tenure. Young players need more help than veterans and as for that group, they should know better. Christian Dvorak and Josh Anderson should be sitting. Both of those guys are simply showing up and it has been that way for 2 years.

Last year when CD was injured we all forgot about him, that's how little impact he has provided. Anderson is another story, I have no idea what he is trying to achieve out there. Giving those two a few nights off would be one place to start because MSL has to send a message one way or another.

Anderson is playing really well, I am not sure what you are watching. Dvorak is playing well also and we need to stop whipping them just based on prior bias.

Apr 28, 2010
I agree. MSL should've given him a chance to redeem himself.

If we're just punishing players, then I'd start with Matheson. Dude's awful.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Anderson is playing really well, I am not sure what you are watching. Dvorak is playing well also and we need to stop whipping them just based on prior bias.

When you say that Anderson is playing well, is that from a 4th liner pov?

If so, then I'd agree.

2pts in 6 games while playing <14min/night, decent hustle, not hurting the team with bad gaffes, but also not adding any real value or impact... That's pretty good showing for a 4th liner.

But that's piss poor from the pov of what he's paid to provide and from what our roster needs... I'd agree that at this point, decent/good 4th line play is what we should expect, but understand if some fans are still frustrated.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
That's a bit of a stretch...

It's just as, if not more plausible that MSL chose not to call on Dach because he didn't want him to get further frustrated & scrutinized if he missed.

He had a poor 3rd, then the bad penalty in OT. Throw in a shootout miss (which is likely, statistically speaking), and things go from bad to worse in the player's head.

Short of MSL, or Dach, publicly stating that he was kept out punitively, it's a pretty big leap to assume that was the reasoning

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
That's a bit of a stretch...

It's just as, if not more plausible that MSL chose not to call on Dach because he didn't want him to get further frustrated & scrutinized if he missed.

He had a poor 3rd, then the bad penalty in OT. Throw in a shootout miss (which is likely, statistically speaking), and things go from bad to worse in the player's head.

Short of MSL, or Dach, publicly stating that he was kept out punitively, it's a pretty big leap to assume that was the reasoning
Everything we fans say is an opinion. This is a forum for that purpose.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
They really have to put newhook on the 3rd or 4th line, he is really bad, I wouldn't mind trying Heineman on the 2nd line

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Not really.

Lots of posts include objective fact, and others include opinion offered as definitive statement.

"I think that MSL sacrificed the entire teams effort..." is an opinion statement vs a declarative one.

Perhaps that's what you meant?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
What is the problem to discuss on a hockey board - not Earth threatening - about the state of the actual Habs’ coaching staff ? MSL is like Mario Tremblay back then, experience wise. Which is: NONE at all ! Of course MSL is cute with his statements while Mario was just a guy from his era, tough and bad communicator.
Mario Tremblay deliberately alienated his best player. MSL has developed our best prospects and done a great job doing so.

That have zero in common.

Reactions: Miller Time

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

This is very true but it doesn't change the fact that opinions vary from great to awful and should be supported/attacked based on merit or lack thereof. If someone has an opinion that 1 x 1 does not equal 1....then they are an idiot and don't get any leniency for saying that it is just their opinion. Proclamations under the guise of "opinion" are not immune to being ridiculed, nor should they be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad