Coachella Firebirds: News and Discussion

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Just curious about Firebirds' fans impressions of Ville Petman during his two years with the club. Better numbers his first year and it looks like he didn't play in this year's playoffs.

He's returning to SaiPa in his hometown this season. Lapeenranta is the closest team to the Russian border and finished last in the league last season.

SaiPa hasn't made the Liiga playoffs since 2018-19 but Ville Petman led the team in scoring as a 21-year-old two years ago before signing with the Kraken.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Do AHL teams have training camp and preseason games? I will be in Palm Springs in mid-late Sept this year and hoping to catch some Firebirds action.

During their 1st year, (kraken 2nd year) a Kraken season ticket holder benefit was free tickets to firebirds games. That was only valid for that 1 year.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Have not had a chance to watch the game but 1-3 loss to Calgary yesterday. Sale got his first point in Coachella (assist) on the only goal. Hoping he can continue to build confidence while in Coachella. The skill is there, just need him to put everything together.
That´s a great news about Šalé! He is definitely project he is nowhere near physically developed to play in NHL(at least 3 years of AHL), but upside is really high and he is only 19. Could be very good 2nd line scoring winger.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
What a strange ass game. CV was up 6-1 and dominating. They were up on SOG with a decent margin and then they just went flat in the 3rd. All over defensively. Leaving guys open in front of the net. Just a mess. They ended up winning 6-5 and would likely have lost if there was a few more minutes left in the game.

Sale was good for another 2 points (1G 1A). Firkus had 1 A. Fleury had a hat-trick.

Reactions: Fuhrious

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Winterton and Morrison appear to be starting the season a bit slowly, was hoping they’d come out jumping as if to send a message to Francis and Co that the demotion was a mistake.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Winterton and Morrison appear to be starting the season a bit slowly, was hoping they’d come out jumping as if to send a message to Francis and Co that the demotion was a mistake.
Yeah. Really surprised with Winterton's start considering how good he was in the pre-season and camps.

Side note, Sale's goal from yesterday, I can't tell when he gets his shot off. I can see him get the pass but can't tell when he shoots it.

Reactions: Fuhrious

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Yeah. Really surprised with Winterton's start considering how good he was in the pre-season and camps.

Side note, Sale's goal from yesterday, I can't tell when he gets his shot off. I can see him get the pass but can't tell when he shoots it.

I see what you mean, it just sort of materializes behind the goalie.:laugh:

Am thinking about doing the Flohockey thing so I can see how our draft picks are doing. Lots of turnover with both the coaches and the roster from last year, but now we're at the point where Seattle's good drafting will inject new talent. Pretty keen to see how Firkus, Nelson, the Fins and Sale progress towards joining the big team someday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad