Post-Game Talk: Clutch Hutch Shuts Down Scorned Islanders | Leaf Win 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Just glad Leafs can win even without playing their brand of hockey. To me that’s the most important thing. I known those two post saves were huge but maybe the Leafs would have score more if one or both went in.
A Shut out win is a shut out win.
The boys all played good, really don’t see any floaters out there today.

Reactions: draeko17

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
"Annnd Laine picks up his 20th Zach Hyman on the season, closing the gap in the Rocket Richard race to 15 goals behind #34. Don't look now, Shane, things are starting to heat up!"
Imagine Matthews signing that embarrassing offer Laine did.

Last edited:

shaner82

Apr 18, 2017
There is a Contact Us link at the bottom of the site page as well as a Forum Rules link for reference. That’s the beat spot to ask questions like you have.

Appreciate the response. Cheers for the work you guys do.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I was picking up my daughter from work and while I was waiting for her I read the GDT in the Islanders forum. TWS is still at it I see.
1) leafs are lucky and Matthews lucked out on his seeing eye goal.
2) leafs Defense is Garbage(yet we shut the Islanders out)
3) leafs were outplayed.
4) spent the whole chat calling the leafs Laffs.....lol.
Too funny
He's been banned from the Leafs forum but all he does is talk about the Leafs everywhere else.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I don't believe that poster is human. Its a bot created by the HF admins to keep things silly around here. Like honestly, cannot be a real person.

And if it is a real person, it kills me the mods don't boot him. They know exactly what he is doing. He knows what he is doing and knows he can get away with it. I honestly think the admins of the site loves the chaos. Like about 10 years ago this site booted a dude named Mr. Scareface cause he was slightly dirty. We all got a laugh from it. But that wasn't tolerated. But the bot's sthick is. Its wild.
It literally makes no sense that he hasn't been banned yet.

shaner82

Apr 18, 2017
For all the criticism of Lou and his brand of team, let's remember, they are in a playoff spot, possibly the best defensive team in the league. Same amount of points as Leafs with 3 games in hand.

I would much prefer the Leafs team to theirs, but they have a system and a great coach. All you can ask for is to get to the dance and anything can happen as we saw last year with TB being swept by the Blue Jackets.

Let's also not forget, different markets have different needs. The Islanders are privately owned, unlike the Leafs. They need to make extra profits and would happily take a playoff round or two each year even if they don't win the Cup for another 20 years. They will never be the biggest franchise in NY.

Leafs are fighting to break the longest Cup drought in the league and reinvigorate younger fans, many who saw Blue jay success and now a Raptors banner.

The Leafs are privately owned...

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
I was picking up my daughter from work and while I was waiting for her I read the GDT in the Islanders forum. TWS is still at it I see.
1) leafs are lucky and Matthews lucked out on his seeing eye goal.
2) leafs Defense is Garbage(yet we shut the Islanders out)
3) leafs were outplayed.
4) spent the whole chat calling the leafs Laffs.....lol.
Too funny

Lmao. His routine is hilarious. He’s obsessed with the Leafs. Always will be. Then you literally have fans with “Judas Tavares” below their usernames talking about how Leaf fans are the ones concerned. It’s incredible.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Also who's taking the scoring chances should be taken into account as well. If Kerfoot takes 3 or 4 and Matthews takes 1, I'd suggest the latter is still more valuable.

Disagree on the Jets game. All it takes is a deflection or a bad rebound it could look different.
Most of our best players were dangerous tn and had scoring chances.

We had an better differential against the jets game not saying we were good defensively but we had much more threatening chances.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I called The hutch shutout in theGDT because I though he was playing for everyone but himself. Jeez he made sone incredible saves ha. The entire team is playing for each other and you never hear it being preached by some dirtbag coach.

Funny how that works!

The Kappy goal completely showed the better awareness he is developing in his game. I could see it coming but that play was put a smile on my face. Pretty clever and the defenseman thought for sure he was going down the wall with his speed. That play works for him because he is a speedster. Hopefully he does it all the time because with his speed they have to bite or he is gone.

Last edited:

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
I'm trying to find out if you can OD off chamomile. I'm Sooo relaxed but still happy with this win.

Our team is really gud guys.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
I wanted the cock gone as much as anyone else but Hutcheson did absolutely suck at his job and let in a lot of stinkers for no reason. Even tonight, while fantastic on initial shots his rebound control was baaaad and relied on the team scooping the empty nets away.

Yeah, his rebound control is still abysmal. I wouldn't be surprised if Keefe in preparation had the team practicing clearing pucks from rebounds. I don't think I've ever seen them do such a good job of clearing puck from danger areas.

Good job to Hutch though for making some really nice saves. He deserved a win and I hope his confidence keeps growing.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
Solid game from the Leafs, albeit still with some defensive issues. Hutch was great, though, and he made up for it. If he can play like that, he's the chosen one.

I'm 100% for giving Hutch more games at this point. Freddy needs the rest.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
It's almost like fans are reacting to performance or something...
I do wonder if some would prefer people don't react to what happens and just stay locked into viewpoints that don't reflect changed realities. It'd be like complaining about Babcock's lines for the game tonight when he was fired months ago :laugh:. Hutchinson was bad earlier this season and while it wasn't 100% on him...it was partly on him. Now he's playing well and deserves credit for that.

Anyways, good on Hutchinson. He's got his flaws, but he stepped up. His career was looking very uncertain and now he's getting a shutout in 2020. Good on the team in general. The Islanders are boring and they make hockey as unpleasant to watch as they can. But the Leafs didn't get frustrated, found their opportunities and let their superior skill get them the win. Leafs were able to take advantage of their chances and the Islanders couldn't. A good win against a difficult team to play against.

Reactions: Lilou and draeko17

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
loooooool

how tf are you suppose to distinguish between a like and a "troll like"

i cant lmao, that board.
If you're not a fan of the team and going in their sarcastically liking their posts after they lose then it is a troll like. Tbh it's hard to sympathize with people that care enough to go into other teams forums to like and comment and then complain about how terrible they are lol.

Reactions: egd27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad