Post-Game Talk: Cli(e)nched

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Here's the video of it:

I usually use ffmpeg to encode. When I do for gifs, it ends up being HUGE.
Here's a compressed (by ezgif) version:
ezgif-4-1b24f44109.gif

Original full gif:

Mr. Game 7

Yz8j0a7.gif

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Anyone get in the presale? What’s the damage looking like for tickets?

I'm paying $298 per seat per game for my season ticket price in row 4 of the upper bowl in the corners.

If the spread between STH price and face value is similar to prior rounds my seats are probably around $350 for the public. Cheapest around $275 if I were to purely guess.

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Rishaug made him write it.

I mean, I get that hockey is played differently in these environments and it's perhaps likely that you're going to have a 'grittier' game growing up and playing in a North American vs a Euro system. But it's a myth that all Euro players are soft, also a myth that North American players are not. There are plenty of soft North American hockey players too. Johnny Gaudreau being a prime example, the poster boy for soft and IGAF hockey

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Feel the same way. Dallas is a much more complete team with a competent gm and sound drafting. I can stomach a loss to them and don't expect much to be honest.

Vancouver and Calgary fans didn't want them to "hurr durr mcdavid will ask for a trade".

Vancouver fans imo I've come out of this disliking them even more than flames and leaf fans.
I started being an Oiler fan in the late 90s because my mom loved Mike Morano and I cheered against the stars for the sole reason my mom liked them. Next thing I know I'm watching the Oilers games and begging my parents for Center Ice in grade 8

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I mean, I get that hockey is played differently in these environments and it's perhaps likely that you're going to have a 'grittier' game growing up and playing in a North American vs a Euro system. But it's a myth that all Euro players are soft, also a myth that North American players are not. There are plenty of soft North American hockey players too. Johnny Gaudreau being a prime example, the poster boy for soft and IGAF hockey

Petey's biggest plays of the series were hits :)

Reactions: Oilhawks

Dhockey16

Jun 23, 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
Funny stuff especially after Skinner getting the wins in game 6 and game 7.

Are we also scratching Ceci for Stecher?

I don't think Dallas's offense is much better than Nucks. Robertson and the other kid doesn't scare me and our depth guys have produced just as much as theirs.

They have a great goalie but Vancouver also got great goaltending from Silov so it will be tougher but nothing new for us.

Still picking Stars in 6 but they aren't a superpower that we should be afraid of.
He should've had the Hronek goal in game 7. I don't think think Ceci : Stecher is the same as Skinner : Pickard. Skinner has proven, over and over again, that given the chance he will lose games for Edmonton all on his own. I'm not sure Pickard will steal a game but he's not a headcase. If they do go with Skinner his leash needs to be short. Pull him on the first bad goal DAL takes the lead on. It's a virtual guarantee it'll happen at some point

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
He should've had the Hronek goal in game 7. I don't think think Ceci : Stecher is the same as Skinner : Pickard. Skinner has proven, over and over again, that given the chance he will lose games for Edmonton all on his own. I'm not sure Pickard will steal a game but he's not a headcase. If they do go with Skinner his leash needs to be short. Pull him on the first bad goal DAL takes the lead on. It's a virtual guarantee it'll happen at some point
Silov should've had all goals in game 7 as well. Ceci goal was lamer than Hronek one. Most of Bouchard goals all series were also lamer than Hronek blast.

Skinner is the starting goalie for this team but I do agree that after what Pickard showed Skinner would not have a long leash. Skinner played very good in games 6 and 7 and there is no way Pickard is starting game 1.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Not to mention the Hyman goal in Game 6 where the puck alley-ooped in slow motion over his pad and into a wide open net.

HFOil would go postal if that goal happened to Skinner.
The problem is silovs made epic saves as well. With Skinner you get the "make a f***ing save" moments without the highway robbery.

Let's keep in mind this 3rd string AHL goalie took them to within a goal.

Even game 7 skinner faced 15 shots. If he faced 20 we lose the game.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Just watched SC with Jay Onrait

Apparently Farhan Lalji hasn’t returned any of Ryan Rishaugs text messages since game seven ….ghosting him lol

Such a salty fan base
Lol. Heard Farhaan on GYB pod waxing poetic about Ep40 and trying to educate the Edmonton guys how he sees plays like no other player can, pretty much saying Ep40 is generational and we will see it. You could tell he had a huge homer chip on his shoulder, trying to pump up how good the nucks are. Not surprised he’d ghost Rushaugh, embarrassing for him.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Lol. Heard Farhaan on GYB pod waxing poetic about Ep40 and trying to educate the Edmonton guys how he sees plays like no other player can, pretty much saying Ep40 is generational and we will see it. You could tell he had a huge homer chip on his shoulder, trying to pump up how good the nucks are. Not surprised he’d ghost Rushaugh, embarrassing for him.

Maybe ol' Farhan meant that EP40 is a 'Generational Playoff Ghost'?

Reactions: Sanchez and TB12

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
TIL: Nucks don’t even have a PP coach. Tochet thought he could do it all himself.

Jack Adam’s FRAUD.

Thomas Tatar

Just listening to 32 Thoughts podcast titled ‘Last Canadian Team Standing’, so far about half way through an hour episode and it’s been ALL Canucks. How great EP was, Miller is the best, Silovs is amazing, etc.

I guess they should have titled it ‘Last Canadian Team Eliminated’

Update: Now we’ve moved on to McDonagh trade…

2nd Update: now onto the Leafs, Marner and Berube.

Friedman is a joke. I used to think he was ok, but his bias is over the top at this point.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad