News Article: CLEAN HITS : New Utah Hockey Content - Born from HF Coyotes

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
We did a thing!

@Grimes & I have been discussing how little quality content is out there for Utah fans, and getting pretty depressed about just how like it's going to take for the new market to get up-to-speed and start releasing the type of content we'd want to consume. We have decided to step up and try to help fill that void. So we have started "Clean Hits".

Please check-out our Substack: Clean Hits | Substack

Some of the articles we've published today (more coming today and tomorrow):

Intro to Clean Hits: The Arizona Coyotes are Dead. Long Live the Arizona Coyotes

Predicting the Draft: Looking to the Past to Predict the Future

Thoughts on Draft Strategy: Utah's Unique Draft Strategy

Upcoming content will include deep dives on team prospects, the NHL draft, game breakdowns, roster construction, trade analysis and gambling best bets. Lots of draft profiles are planned for this month, as well as UFA primers, and more.

This is evolving as we go, and we've got some fun plans to add more types of media to the mix. It would mean a lot to us if you HFBoards die-hards would join us on this ride. We appreciate it!

Last edited:

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
We would love feedback from all of our friends here too and to show how much we value you all we made a discounted link if you would like to subscribe!

Subscribe to Clean Hits

Seriously, let us know what you think. What you like, and most likely dislike. We're hoping to help cultivate a fanbase and community for all of use Coyotes/UTHC dorks and to keep our love for the team going.

We'll be posting out free articles and news/reactions on our twitter account as well.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
We did a thing!

@Grimes & I have been discussing how little quality content is out there for Utah fans, and getting pretty depressed about just how like it's going to take for the new market to get up-to-speed and start releasing the type of content we'd want to consume. We have decided to step up and try to help fill that void. So we have started "Clean Hits".

Please check-out our Substack: Clean Hits | Substack

Some of the articles we've published today (more coming today and tomorrow):

Intro to Clean Hits: The Arizona Coyotes are Dead. Long Live the Arizona Coyotes

Predicting the Draft: Looking to the Past to Predict the Future

Thoughts on Draft Strategy: Utah's Unique Draft Strategy

Upcoming content will include deep dives on team prospects, the NHL draft, game breakdowns, roster construction, trade analysis and gambling best bets. Lots of draft profiles are planned for this month, as well as UFA primers, and more.

This is evolving as we go, and we've got some fun plans to add more types of media to the mix. It would mean a lot to us if you HFBoards die-hards would join us on this ride. We appreciate it!

Congrats on the new venture!

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I’m in! $40yr is a bargain.

Good luck guys.

Reactions: rt

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I’m in! $40yr is a bargain.

Good luck guys.

Thanks NJ! Seriously feel free to give us any ideas, critiques or other things you'd like to see us post. We have a TON of offseason content coming out from now until after the draft.

This is the current schedule we have coming in June (some paid, some free).

Current Team Construction and Where to Go
Spotlight: Yakemchuk
Two Perfect Trades - Attacking cap strapped and pick needy teams
Spotlight: Dickinson
Two MORE Perfect Trades
Spotlight: Parehk
Spotlight: Levshunov
Darkhorses: Gems at later rounds
Potential Draft Day Trades
Combine Reactions
Spotlight: Buium
Spotlight: Lindstrom
Spotlight: Iginla
Looking at Top Tier D (pros/cons)
Clean Hits Final Draft Lists/Rankings
Best Bets for the NHL Draft 2024 pt I
Best Bets for the NHL Draft 2024 pt II

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I just finished reading through the articles. Clean Hits is the best Coyotes/UHC content I have ever encountered. Will very much look forward to new content.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I just finished reading through the articles. Clean Hits is the best Coyotes/UHC content I have ever encountered. Will very much look forward to new content.
Thanks!

We’ll get better, though. Noticing some obvious omissions of useful items. Working on redundancy and wordiness. General syntax and readability issues. We’ll get there!

I’m a sales guy not a writer, so there are some bumps in the road, as far as getting these articles leveled up from my general posts.

I’ve got a plan to get some help with that. I hope you’ll see big improvements starting next week.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Thanks!

We’ll get better, though. Noticing some obvious omissions of useful items. Working on redundancy and wordiness. General syntax and readability issues. We’ll get there!

I’m a sales guy not a writer, so there are some bumps in the road, as far as getting these articles leveled up from my general posts.

I’ve got a plan to get some help with that. I hope you’ll see big improvements starting next week.
It's good to sweat the details but it is not hurting the content quality. High marks too for site design and simplicity. Good call on the color scheme as well.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
The first Clean Hits Spotlight piece:

What do you all think? Too similar to Simashev, or if he is there at pick 6 do you run up to grab him?

We have around 7 of these lined up for the draft but the free content will be slowing down.

We got that 20% off link just for our HF friends is you want to join! Subscribe to Clean Hits

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Thanks!

You have been basically writing scouting reports in here for over a decade, so it’s good to see you actually putting them in a place where you can hopefully have a future doing something you enjoy and making a little coin off it as well.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Thanks!

I'm not implying that you are not a good writer because I already know you are, but Grammarly is such a good tool that I never want to write without it. I write for a professional online journal as part of my job. I'm also the editor of the same journal. Grammarly is such a time saver and also avoids embarrassing oversights. Just an idea.

Last edited:

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I'm not implying that you are not a good writer because I already know you are, but Grammarly is such a good tool that I never want to write without it. I write for a professional online journal as part of my job. I'm also the editor of the same journal. Grammarly is such a time saver and also avoids embarrassing oversights. Just an idea.
Thanks!

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
You have been basically writing scouting reports in here for over a decade, so it’s good to see you actually putting them in a place where you can hopefully have a future doing something you enjoy and making a little coin off it as well.

The Utah HC should hire rt. Scout at Large.

Reactions: kickback256

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
@Grimes You have a lifted truck now?! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

No no no, but I did 100% have a lifted truck speed through my neighborhood with some ridiculous bumper stickers as I was reading the news that the team would most likely be moving hahaha.

Thanks for the subscription bud!

Just placed this on Twitter with the Yotes and current Utah hashtags.

You're truly a Legend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad