Boone Jenner
Elvis Merzlikins
Eric Gudbranson

To Columbus:

Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen
2024 1st round draft pick [#11)
Henri Jokiharju

Each team is giving up a player or two that they like. However,

Columbus is getting a much needed change of scenery for their goaltender, while (hopefully) upgrading at that position. They can draft their center replacement with their 1st rounder.

Buffalo is picking up a veteran leader who will fill their center need.

Add a draft pick somewhere if you think the value is off. Hoping these M-NTC don't get in the way.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Why on earth would Buffalo do this when UPL looks to be developing well and Elvis has been bad? Surely 1st, Jokiharhu and a prospect would be more sensible for Jenner?

Inter-division trade doesn't really make sense though as both want to take a step forward next year.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Why on earth would Buffalo do this when UPL looks to be developing well and Elvis has been bad? Surely 1st, Jokiharhu and a prospect would be more sensible for Jenner?

Inter-division trade doesn't really make sense though as both want to take a step forward next year.
Yes a 1st, Jokiharju and a prospect would be more sensible and probably fair value/over pay, but does it meet any of the needs of Columbus for them to move off of Jenner?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yes a 1st, Jokiharju and a prospect would be more sensible and probably fair value/over pay, but does it meet any of the needs of Columbus for them to move off of Jenner?

Ownership in Columbus has talked about how much they want Jenner around to mentor their youth. I don't think he's going anywhere, regardless of how much teams line up nor what they put on the table.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
C'mon Chain, you gotta be happy that I included Jokiharju in the trade.

I don't mind if they move Henri. I don't think him, 11OA, and Luukkonen to take on two appreciably bad contracts just to get someone who people think is going to be some savant in the room is worth it. This is like being inside a Craig Rivet fever dream.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I don't mind if they move Henri. I don't think him, 11OA, and Luukkonen to take on two

appreciably bad contracts just to get someone who people think is going to be some savant in the room is worth it. This is like being inside a Craig Rivet fever dream.
Yes, Rivet would love this trade (for Jenner) and Peters would love this trade (for Gudbranson).

Yeah Gudbranson money is awful - they need to retain 50%!

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I think both teams decline this. Columbus isn't moving Jenner period, and Buffalo isn't moving the better goalie for a worse, more expensive one let alone their first.

Reactions: Chainshot and Viqsi

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Stopped reading here.

Seriously, y'all, give it the hell up already. The CBJ fanbase, the CBJ front office, the CBJ ownership, and the CBJ captain have all confirmed over and over and over he's not available. Just cut it out already.

And sadly, Jack Roslovic has left the building. I got so much mileage out of that one... *sigh* Time for new material.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
To Buffalo:

Boone Jenner
Elvis Merzlikins
Eric Gudbranson

To Columbus:

Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen
Henri Jokiharju

Columbus is getting a much needed change of scenery for their goaltender, while (hopefully) upgrading at that position. They can draft their center replacement with their 1st rounder.

Add a draft pick somewhere if you think the value is off. Hoping these M-NTC don't get in the way.
Why, though?
Our young goalie who has just emerged as a legit #1, a high 1st and a capable young RHD for essentially only Jenner?
Doesn't make sense to me.

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
So to break it down
Elvis for UPL- Very bad.
Gudbranson for Jokiharju- not great
Jenner for first- Good.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Merzlikins cant stop a beachball and has that hideous contract

Gudbranson is a 'defensive defenseman' whos not good at defending.

Boone Jenner is always a light breeze's touch away from being in the infirmary for at least 1/3rd of the season. I trade pick #11 for a forward with better health.

Terrible trade for Buffalo all around.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
To Buffalo:

Boone Jenner
Elvis Merzlikins
Eric Gudbranson

To Columbus:

Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen
Henri Jokiharju

Columbus' goalie is a borderline cap dump at $5.4 M. Gudbranson is aging fast and probably not an upgrade on Jokiharju. Boone Jenner has good value. Take the 1st and keep the other stuff.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Not only are we giving up our captain, you want us to trade away our defensive leader in Gudbranson. A guy who fit into his role this year perfectly. We're not giving up our veterans when we were the youngest team in the league for like the fifth straight year

Id rather keep those leaders and vets for our kids then give them to Buffalo for us only to get younger again

Reactions: Viqsi

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
To Buffalo: Boone Jenner Elvis Merzlikins Eric Gudbranson
To Columbus: Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen 2024 1st round draft pick [#11) Henri Jokiharju
no clue why Buffalo might genuinely consider this,
should be able to get comparable contribution/age, as Jenner,
for less than 2 much older downgrades, plus a 1st rounder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad