Proposal: Clayton stoner For dustin brown + retention

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Brown is signed for 6 seasons not wanting to have Brown contract for 6 more seasons even with retention to lower his salary per year to match what Stoner has per year. Also don't want Brown in a Ducks uniform either.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Curious if the premise of deal makes sense to both teams.

Overpaid 3rd pairing defenseman signed up 2 more years at 3.25

For

Former captain/3rd line grinder on decline signed to longer deal. I'd expect enough retention to match salary.

Thoughts from both sides?

Ducks move defenseman they don't need and add experience experience/grit to 3rd line.

Kings get solid bottom pairing defenseman that helps team more than brown.

Kings have drew doughty mcnabb muzzin martinez greene forbort gilbert gravel Scuderi and trotman all competing for playing time I doubt stoner would make the kings let alone help more then brown who helps by playing physical drawing penalties and playing defensive mins.
The kings have no reason to retain for a cap dump especially when said amount is more / equal to what a buyout would be

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Brown is signed for 6 seasons not wanting to have Brown contract for 6 more seasons even with retention to lower his salary per year to match what Stoner has per year. Also don't want Brown in a Ducks uniform either.

Nhlnumbers.com showed 3 more years... Jesus Christmas 6 years?

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Kings have drew doughty mcnabb muzzin martinez greene forbort gilbert gravel Scuderi and trotman all competing for playing time I doubt stoner would make the kings let alone help more then brown who helps by playing physical drawing penalties and playing defensive mins.
The kings have no reason to retain for a cap dump especially when said amount is more / equal to what a buyout would be

Doughty, martinez, and muzzin definitely better but rest are debatable. Pair him with a pmd defenseman on 3rd pairing and you will love him.

I had no idea how bad browns deal is and I can see kings retaining that much for 6 years. I also think he barely has 2 to 3 more seasons left in him and his contract will be an albatross then even at 3.25.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Doughty, martinez, and muzzin definitely better but rest are debatable. Pair him with a pmd defenseman on 3rd pairing and you will love him.

I had no idea how bad browns deal is and I can see kings retaining that much for 6 years. I also think he barely has 2 to 3 more seasons left in him and his contract will be an albatross then even at 3.25.

Better or not we have a lot of money already tied up and with that many defenseman It will be hard to get rid of what we have without out adding more to it. I would rather it be a forward instead.

Next with his contract I seriously doubt he plays it out Brown will probably retire before then and get a job in the kings front office for his years of service. The kings already have richards on the book for years I don't want to add another 2.5 ish million for a player on another team Max i would retain is 1-1.5 other wise i would rather wait for expansion and hope/bribe vegas to take him at full cost. If that fails than look at a trade.

Oct 18, 2011
awful idea, stoner is a serviceable player with only 2 years left

you are so desperate to get rid of him, that you'll take on Dustin Brown who is signed until 2022?
:shakehead:shakehead

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Trade for Brown because he will be hungry for his next contract. He's got five kids to feed!

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Yeah he is. No one seems to noticed he's getting carried by Norris caliber Manson.

who says Lindholm is overrated?

i've never heard anyone from the Kings fanbase at least stating that Lindholm is overrated

maybe Eastern media but to them even Doughty, Toews, and Co. are overrated players so i wouldn't put much thought into it

in the West, he's a solid young 2way D

he's the player i covet the most in Anaheim

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
awful idea, stoner is a serviceable player with only 2 years left

you are so desperate to get rid of him, that you'll take on Dustin Brown who is signed until 2022?
:shakehead:shakehead

but! to be fair, im sure you guys would love to see Brown lay his hits on Kings players lol

it's just his damn contract, god awful

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Can't see any Western Conference team helping the Kings with their cap. Brown for 5.7m for 6 years, might be the most untradeable contract in the NHL.

Maybe some team that needs a Dman would take Stoner for a 7th rounder, and maybe the Ducks might have to retain some salary. Arizona? New Jersey?

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
Only issue with this is, Stoner doesn't suck, while Brown does!

Stoner is really just overpaid a million or so a year.

Don't really have a horse in this race, but this comment is comical. I don't know what world you live on, but Clayton Stoner is terrible. Most Ducks fans seem to realize this, and he was among the most *****ed about players when contracts vs. contribution come up.

Dustin Brown has been terrible too for the last couple of years. That said, ignoring contract, he still has a career in the NHL. The only reason Stoner continues to be iced is so that the front office can save some face. He doesn't belong in the NHL, and certainly not on a playoff team.

Brown is overpaid by about 2.7-3 million. Stoner is overpaid by about 2.5 million AND a roster slot.

Compare Stoner to any legitimate 3rd pairing D-man and it becomes painfully obvious how poor he is as a player.

That said: This isn't a terrible spot to start at as far as trades go. Other than the fact that LA is trading with Anaheim. :laugh:

member 157595

I put the chances of LA and Anaheim completing a trade involving Dustin Brown at approximately -10%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad