Value of: Clayton Keller to NYR

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Keller is barely a step below a guy like Jack Hughes in draft pedigree but Keller is now an actual proven NHL 1st liner. There's literally no reason why Keller would be traded for anything less than Kakko+ if we're talking Rangers trying to acquire him, given Kakko's lack of proven NHL ability (for now).

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
What would it take NYR to get Keller out of Arizona?
NYR can't fit another >>$6M salary, wont be adding any big ticket vets.
If they add a potential top 6 RW, itll be a guy who hasnt yet earned a top 6 salary

Reactions: bernmeister

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Do the Yotes want to hold Panarin or Trouba hostage and force one of them to waive their NMCs? (Please do, you’d be doing us a favour)

Otherwise this just can’t happen cuz of cap

Last edited:
Reactions: bernmeister

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I don't really see a realistic scenario. The Rangers would have to give the value for Keller plus send back money. Trouba's trade clause means he's not going. Kreider also has a clause and I'm not sure how much better the Rangers get swapping him out for Keller anyway, plus your adding a lot to get Keller in the first place. If something had to happen it'd probably involve Lafreniere / Goodrow (for $$$) plus maybe a 1st to get the ball rolling, then Rangers would still need to move money out... or some type of completely unrealistic 3 way deal.

Not going to happen...

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Do the Yotes want to hold Panarin or Trouba hostage and force one of them to waive their NMCs? (Please do, you’d be doing us a favour)

Otherwise this just can’t happen cuz of cap
I would happily add Trouba as part of the return. He n=might have even considered waiving to go to Arizona if the arena deal was approved. Now, no one knows where they will be in a season from now. Doubtful anyone with options will choose to go there until the uncertainty is removed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad