Claude Giroux or Henrik Sedin?

Who had the better career and better peak?

• H. Sedin peak and career

Votes: 70 68.6%
  • H. Sedin peak, Giroux career

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • Giroux peak and career

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • Giroux peak, H. Sedin career

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Even

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Henrik Sedin outscored Crosby and Ovechkin in 2010 to win the Art Ross Trophy. Giroux did finish fairly close to McDavid in scoring in 2018 but couldn't beat him.

Giroux's career PPG average is better, but that's aided by the fact that H. Sedin didn't really hit his prime until after the Lockout. I'm not sure you can really hold those first few seasons against him considering usage (the West Coast Express was given the big offensive opportunities). Giroux is a considerably better goal scorer and is also a great passer and playmaker himself. Will have to check, but I feel Giroux may have relied more on the PP for his point production in his prime compared to Henrik. Then again, I don't think he had a steady, long-term linemate as good as Daniel.

It's a closer comparison than it appears to be if you just look at hardware. Will have to think more before voting.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Claude Giroux is being underrated here and I think H. Sedin is really only winning off that 1 art Ross Hart season. But I'd actually say Giroux comes out on top even despite that.

Giroux
Point finishes: 2, 3, 3, 10
PPG: 2, 6, 7
Hart finishes: 3, 4, 4,
Selke: 14, 16, 19

H. Sedin
PPG: 2, 5, 9
Hart: 1, 9, 10
Selke: 23, 24,

This is also ignoring that Sedin played around his twin who was just as good as him. Giroux never played with anyone that good in his prime.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Giroux was one hell of a player but H. Sedin still gets cited for ways him and his brother played hockey.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Claude Giroux is being underrated here and I think H. Sedin is really only winning off that 1 art Ross Hart season. But I'd actually say Giroux comes out on top even despite that.

Giroux
Point finishes: 2, 3, 3, 10
PPG: 2, 6, 7
Hart finishes: 3, 4, 4,
Selke: 14, 16, 19

H. Sedin
PPG: 2, 5, 9
Hart: 1, 9, 10
Selke: 23, 24,

This is also ignoring that Sedin played around his twin who was just as good as him. Giroux never played with anyone that good in his prime.

Teams are still doing Sedin things to this day, they basically invented the drop pass zone entry on the powerplay which was copied for the next 15 years.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
This is undoubtedly Sedin (s).
Fixed it for you and I voted even because in part the Sedins comes as a pair and in a vacuum I might take giroux as he was better at a younger age, slightly better in the playoffs and had the better more consistent career overall.

Some might take Sedin for his peak but then they are glossing over the weakness of his resume overall compared to giroux.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Henrik easily. Also 2x First All-Star centerman in the NHL and Olympic champion with Sweden, plus Hockey Hall of Fame.
I can see why someone might take sedin, for his absolute peak primarily but for his Olympic championship er no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad