Value of: Cirelli and Sheary to Vancouver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
With Tampa (as always) needing to figure out a way to make salaries work and the whole "Lindholm is gonna get $8 million" thing floating around, I think there *could* be a deal to be made for Cirelli so the Canucks get anyone halfway decent under contact. I do think Sheary would waive. The cap space alone helps the Lightning but I know that's not the only thing coming back. Is there a deal to be made?

Show me what you got

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
1716918914961.png

Reactions: Cogburn

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
With Tampa (as always) needing to figure out a way to make salaries work and the whole "Lindholm is gonna get $8 million" thing floating around, I think there *could* be a deal to be made for Cirelli so the Canucks get anyone halfway decent under contact. I do think Sheary would waive. The cap space alone helps the Lightning but I know that's not the only thing coming back. Is there a deal to be made?

Show me what you got
While Cirelli would be an awesome fit for Vancouver. Trade won't happen. Vancouver has way too much to get done. They have only 2 NHL Defenseman signed, they need to figure that out first. They need to sign Joshua, figure out Boeser's extension, sign Silovs, and dump Mikheyev's contract. They need to get their house keeping done first, and taking $8M+ long term with Sheary and Cirelli is short sighted.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Honestly, if the choice is Lindholm or Cirelli and Sheary, I'd probably stick with Lindholm. The locker room loves the guy, and he already knows the system.

Joshua, Zadorov, Myers, Silovs and Hronek, or replacements, all need new contracts as well. With 27 million, there is a way to make it all work and add a top six forward, but two long term additions might not be the best uses of that cap space unless no other top six target make it to UFA.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Tampa isn't going to sell low on Cirelli, he is their 2C. So unless the offer is a "can't refuse" kind of deal there really isn't a deal to be made
I absolutely assure you with all my heart it is more like 2C* and the only reason is because our coaching staff ensures at all costs that Cirelli is as inseparable from Stamkos as Henrik was to Daniel and both would benefit from a very long break from each other

Ledge And Dairy

I absolutely assure you with all my heart it is more like 2C* and the only reason is because our coaching staff ensures at all costs that Cirelli is as inseparable from Stamkos as Henrik was to Daniel and both would benefit from a very long break from each other
So who would you play at 2C? 34 year old Stamkos? Sure he can take faceoffs but he doesn't have the footspeed or the 2-way game to be a reliable 2C anymore. Stammer is much better suited for the wing like he's been playing the past few years now

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Youre already assuming stammer is back which can't happen without moving space out...

That is more of a you problem than an us problem....

Reactions: HawksDub89

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
So who would you play at 2C? 34 year old Stamkos? Sure he can take faceoffs but he doesn't have the footspeed or the 2-way game to be a reliable 2C anymore. Stammer is much better suited for the wing like he's been playing the past few years now
Stamkos at 2C is fine. Trust me. The problem with the Lightning is not having natural wingers and having centers do it

Youre already assuming stammer is back which can't happen without moving space out...

That is more of a you problem than an us problem....
We've been hearing "Lightning cap problems aren't our problems" and "bent over a barrel" for like 8 years now. We're gonna be fine. I'm just curious what Nuck fans think

Reactions: Rschmitz

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
sorry why would the Canucks want to spend 8.25M on Sheary and Cirelli? Are you taking Mikheyev back as the return? Thats the only way the Canucks would do it

We'd much rather just use that 8M to sign Lindholm for free otherwise. Not that we even want to spend 8M on Lindholm

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
That is a lot of cap for us to take on. We haven't sorted anything out on our roster yet. Lets say we were even interested. We got a lot of work of figuring out our roster before anything.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
I love the idea of Cirelli as a target (without Sheary) but we don't have much that will appeal to TB that I can see. Best would be the assets we get in a Hronek deal as your top 4 seems set.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
sorry why would the Canucks want to spend 8.25M on Sheary and Cirelli? Are you taking Mikheyev back as the return? Thats the only way the Canucks would do it

We'd much rather just use that 8M to sign Lindholm for free otherwise. Not that we even want to spend 8M on Lindholm

Yeah. Pardon me if i'm missing something here...but other than Cirelli being a few years younger, why exactly would the Canucks not just use that $8.25M in cap space to just re-sign Lindholm themselves, and put a little bit more toward one of their many other guys they need to re-sign who are far less dead weight than Sheary?

Unless the Canucks suddenly exist solely to help the Lightning out...i don't really see the impetus here.

Maybe if Mikheyev is going the other way as well, and Lindholm is going to ring in closer to $8M...it makes sense. But that's about the only way it works for me.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Stamkos at 2C is fine. Trust me. The problem with the Lightning is not having natural wingers and having centers do it

We've been hearing "Lightning cap problems aren't our problems" and "bent over a barrel" for like 8 years now. We're gonna be fine. I'm just curious what Nuck fans think

I mean…how would you define “fine” ? Lol

Make the playoffs? Sure.

They lost most of their depth due to cap issues, and have one of the worst combinations of prospect pools/draft capital in the league.

So “fine” depends on the perspective.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I mean…how would you define “fine” ? Lol

Make the playoffs? Sure.

They lost most of their depth due to cap issues, and have one of the worst combinations of prospect pools/draft capital in the league.

So “fine” depends on the perspective.

They said the same thing in 2016 after the Lightning missed the playoffs by a point and traded Boyle, Bishop and Filppula and our farm was ranked dead ass last with Cirelli, Joseph, Gourde, Sergachev because somehow a great prospect pool is dependent on being top 5 overall picks.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
They said the same thing in 2016 after the Lightning missed the playoffs by a point and traded Boyle, Bishop and Filppula and our farm was ranked dead ass last with Cirelli, Joseph, Gourde, Sergachev because somehow a great prospect pool is dependent on being top 5 overall picks.

So you’re counting on history repeating itself? Lol

Come on man, I like the lightning, but the party eventually comes to an end.

It’s almost impossible to have a championship window for any longer than 10 years in the cap era.

I could MAYBE see one more run if things bounce just right, but eventually the window closes.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
So you’re counting on history repeating itself? Lol

Come on man, I like the lightning, but the party eventually comes to an end.

It’s almost impossible to have a championship window for any longer than 10 years in the cap era.

I could MAYBE see one more run if things bounce just right, but eventually the window closes.

The window is gonna stay open for as long as Vasilevskiy can maintain his standard. The Lightning have taken a step backwards for the first time because Vasy got stupid and didn't take care of himself 2 years ago and couldn't stop a beach ball anymore. It is the only reason the Leafs managed win a series. It is a blip on the radar like CBJ was. Then he went and missed the first 2 months of this year. The only other issue was running into a stacked as hell Panther team that could very well win the Cup. That happens to everyone. We lost to *4* Cup champions in this 10 year window (Hawks, Pens, Caps, Avs) and the Cats being the 5th would literally be the least surprising outcome I have ever seen. Again, I'm not worried. The team that beats us is often the champion.

As a pool we have Howard, Gauthier, Groshev, Duke, Shaugabay, Huuhtanen, Goncalves, Pylenkov and Schmidt. You have to imagine *ONE* of them is gonna work out

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
The window is gonna stay open for as long as Vasilevskiy can maintain his standard. The Lightning have taken a step backwards for the first time because Vasy got stupid and didn't take care of himself 2 years ago and couldn't stop a beach ball anymore. It is the only reason the Leafs managed win a series. It is a blip on the radar like CBJ was. Then he went and missed the first 2 months of this year. The only other issue was running into a stacked as hell Panther team that could very well win the Cup. That happens to everyone. We lost to *4* Cup champions in this 10 year window (Hawks, Pens, Caps, Avs) and the Cats being the 5th would literally be the least surprising outcome I have ever seen. Again, I'm not worried. The team that beats us is often the champion.

As a pool we have Howard, Gauthier, Groshev, Duke, Shaugabay, Huuhtanen, Goncalves, Pylenkov and Schmidt. You have to imagine *ONE* of them is gonna work out

I guess we’ll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad