Confirmed with Link: Chychrun to WSH for Nick Jensen and 2026 3rd

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This board was ecstatic when he was acquired, some even arguing he was a #1 D because his stats somehow proved it. I was the lone voice saying "nawwwww man". lol

By mid season people were coming up with trade scenarios. Now he is gone and everyone is moving on to the next saviour/target.

Great times
I remember at worst the naysayers were saying “great player bad fit”.

As fans of course it’s hype. But beware the coyote tax. No one watches them. And players atrocious defensive games get written off and excused due to “they play in phoenix look at the people around them!!”

Chyc has basically zero compete. Zero physical game.

Nobody was saying that when we acquired him

Reactions: BigRig4

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Let’s not forget how inconsistent Chych was defensively. It’s not for nothing he was -30, and I usually don’t put much stock in that stat

Jensen should be a good mix with Chabot

Reactions: LiseL and BigRig4

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Let’s not forget how inconsistent Chych was defensively. It’s not for nothing he was -30, and I usually don’t put much stock in that stat

The only player i was more disappointed in was Debrincat. Chychrun started guns blazing here and shat himself

Reactions: Sensinitis

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
The Chychrun return seems underwhelming until you remember how underwhelming Chychrun was.
Seriously, a lot of people who complained all season about how bad he was are now furious that he wasn’t traded for better assets.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Yourself, for being angry.

Why would I be angry over what this organization does. They can't help themselves by making just 1 decision right.

They have the tendency to make the worst decisions available for past 5 years from, selecting coaching, naming captains, making trades and everything in between and beyond.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I was hoping to get a futures package for Chychrun and sign a UFA like Tanev or Carrier (assuming Roy and Pesce were unrealistic), in terms of the roster turnover, we met my expectations, maybe went a bit beyond up front, and would have liked to see another upgrade on the backed,

The only thing I'm disappointed with is we didn't recoup as much in futures as I'd like,

I think we're stuck bridging Pinto at this point though, I guess unless we trade Joseph, but two big issues have been dealt with, goaltending and PK
Ya, that's an angle that I'd hoped for too. This team needs a bit of an influx of futures assets. Seemed like yesterday was pretty telling with the Tanev rights being moved, knowing TO was likely to sign him, and I've done this dance enough to know we weren't getting one of the other big fish. Carrier I was maybe optimistic about, but with so many other teams bidding for RD, it seemed unlikely. If anything, I was worried we might do something I really didn't like, like throwing a bunch of money/term at guys like Dumba or Desharnais, so silver linings I guess.

I'm just disappointed in the Chychrun saga in general. Really had higher hopes for the player being better and being around long term. That one set us back quite a bit.

I'm still hopeful Steve has something up his sleeve that makes us happier with the final roster, but it does seem like we're tapped out.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Ya, that's an angle that I'd hoped for too. This team needs a bit of an influx of futures assets. Seemed like yesterday was pretty telling with the Tanev rights being moved, knowing TO was likely to sign him, and I've done this dance enough to know we weren't getting one of the other big fish. Carrier I was maybe optimistic about, but with so many other teams bidding for RD, it seemed unlikely. If anything, I was worried we might do something I really didn't like, like throwing a bunch of money/term at guys like Dumba or Desharnais, so silver linings I guess.

I'm just disappointed in the Chychrun saga in general. Really had higher hopes for the player being better and being around long term. That one set us back quite a bit.

I'm still hopeful Steve has something up his sleeve that makes us happier with the final roster, but it does seem like we're tapped out.
I am disappointed in Chychrun's terrible attitude. He didn't give me the feeling he wanted to be here for the majority of his stay. He has a very self serving attitude, that doesn't lead to championships. On the defensive side of the puck, I could take or leave him. He doesn't have the heart I was expecting for a player of his caliber. From what I'm hearing he also didn't have a good attitude in the room and was butting heads with our other players. I'm glad it's over and we got a defensive defensemen with a right hand shot in his stead.

Reactions: LiseL

choi

The Moment
Jul 27, 2010
Seoul
Honestly, I don't mind the deal. Last year his name was actually one of those that got popped up as a potential candidate to fill out our top 4. Don't quite understand why people act like he's a washed-up player after just a year. He's the RD with good defense, which is what we needed, and can certainly help stabilize the top 4. It was important for us to get that partner for Chabot, and on paper, looks like we got it. Relax people.

The return is a bit underwhelming and I agree that Chychrun holds more value than that. I believe that he will actually play well in Washington, which will get some fans even angrier. But he was never going to prove that here. We tried it last year; clearly didn't work. Let's move on. What we gave up is already an opportunity cost.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
The trade return blows when you factor what we gave up for Chychrun, but we were never going to recover those assets. Jensen should be a better fit for what we need and a decent stopgap at the #4 dman position until Yakemchuk is ready. I'm glad we've finally turned the page on both DeBrincat and Chychrun now. The only horrible thing left to deal with is the NHL taking one of our next two 1st rounders away.

What a disaster Dorion has been, my goodness. I don't even want to think of all the assets squandered from his tenure, it's actually mind blowing. The dude has 0 strategic foresight.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The trade return blows when you factor what we gave up for Chychrun, but we were never going to recover those assets. Jensen should be a better fit for what we need and a decent stopgap at the #4 dman position until Yakemchuk is ready. I'm glad we've finally turned the page on both DeBrincat and Chychrun now. The only horrible thing left to deal with is the NHL taking one of our next two 1st rounders away.

What a disaster Dorion has been, my goodness. I don't even want to think of all the assets squandered from his tenure, it's actually mind blowing. The dude has 0 strategic foresight.
And Korpisalo

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
So how many picks did Dorion piss away with Chychrun and Debrincat, his 2 biggest trades? 2 top 15 first rounders a ton of 2nds and a few late round picks?

Manhattan

Dec 23, 2013
Stockholm
People saying Chyckrun sucks, isn’t a fit and so on just need to accept this trade is a big L and nothing else.

Still he managed to score 41 points in 82 games while sucking at hockey and not fitting in.
Quite a performance.

If it wasn’t clear that cannabis was legalized a few years back this is proof once again.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
People saying Chyckrun sucks, isn’t a fit and so on just need to accept this trade is a big L and nothing else.

Still he managed to score 41 points in 82 games while sucking at hockey and not fitting in.
Quite a performance.

If it wasn’t clear that cannabis was legalized a few years back this is proof once again.
He sucked. And i haven't smoked tonight at all.

Did you watch lol? He flailed around our zone so much it was actually comical. Or tried to poke check when the puck was nowhere near. Basically he has a great offensive iq, but a terrifically bad defensive iq/posture. He also was piss poor man to man.

Like...wtf was his deal?

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
Don't care about the return. We knew the last 3 big moves (Debrincat / Chychrun / Korpi) were sunk cost and we would have to pay, in some way, to get out of them. Either to dump the contract or in terms of a low value return.

I think we are a better team overall today vs. last year and all of Dorion's mistakes have been fixed. Now we can focus on building for the future.

Would have been nice to get a higher pick back but we were probably in a hurry to do it today, so that's what we get.

Reactions: LiseL

ijif

Dec 20, 2018
So how many picks did Dorion piss away with Chychrun and Debrincat, his 2 biggest trades? 2 top 15 first rounders a ton of 2nds and a few late round picks?
In the end,

To acquire A. DeBrincat, he traded the 7th in 2022 (K. Korchinski), the 39th in 2022 (P. Ludwinski), and 72nd in 2024 (A. Spellacy)

For trading A. DeBrincat, he received the 25th in 2024 (D. Letourneau), and 112th in 2024 (J. Moore), D. Kubalik, and D. Sebrango.

To acquire J. Chychrun, he traded the 12th in 2023 (D. But), the 49th in 2024 (M. Yegerov), and our second round pick in 2026.

He did not trade away J. Chychrun.

I didn’t realize that we don’t have our second in 2026. Because of some other actions, we could be looking at a situation where we walk into the 2026 draft with no first or second round pick.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Jensen was -9. Second worst of Washington dmen. 1 goal 13 assists. Numbers are about as good as hamonic at his worst.
He’s also older than hamonic. Maybe we should try hamonic with chabot! ;)

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
1719917241368.gif

Reactions: SENStastic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad