Value of: Chychrun to Columbus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
What kind of pieces can we see go to Ottawa for Chychrun?

Werenski-Chychrun would terrorize the NHL. Werenski is already so good at generating offence 5on5, with Chychrun this would really turn Colombus into a dynamic offence powered from the backend

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Hard pass. He didn't want to come here a few years ago and I doubt anything has changed from his POV.
Werenski is absolutely killing it right now, most underrated defender this year hands down. You don’t think he would want to play next to him during the prime of both of their careers ?

And it’s not like the future isn’t bright anymore, which was different years back

Reactions: hurdemz

inxs

Jun 13, 2011
My guess should be :

Chychrun vs Severson + 3rd pick

Maybe add more with Severson because he has a long overpaid contract

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
My guess should be :

Chychrun vs Severson + 3rd pick

Maybe add more with Severson because he has a long overpaid contract
Contract is a bit scary but Severson would want be a nice add for the Sens.

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - Severson

Nice looking top 4.

Would want more because of the last 3/4 years of that contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: brockvillesensfan

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Contract is a bit scary but Severson would want be a nice add for the Sens.

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - Severson

Nice looking top 4.

Would want more because of the last 3/4 years of that contract.

Severson is like Chabot and Chychrun.

Prone to defensive gaffes by trying to do too much.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
That ship has long sailed. We are good on offensive, injury prone D who are meh defensively. They tried to go down that road and like everywhere else Chychrun wasnt happy, Columbus isnt going to look to have another Jeff Carter incident. Columbus needs someone like Zub not Chychrun.

We also have Jiricek and Mateychuk coming up soon, offense from the backend is not an issue

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
That ship has long sailed. We are good on offensive, injury prone D who are meh defensively. They tried to go down that road and like everywhere else Chychrun wasnt happy, Columbus isnt going to look to have another Jeff Carter incident. Columbus needs someone like Zub not Chychrun.

We also have Jiricek and Mateychuk coming up soon, offense from the backend is not an issue
fine, trade Booner for a up and coming center like Pinto or Grieg so it matches better with the timeline

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Werenski is absolutely killing it right now, most underrated defender this year hands down. You don’t think he would want to play next to him during the prime of both of their careers ?

And it’s not like the future isn’t bright anymore, which was different years back

If Chychrun was as good at RD then it wouldn't be so obvious that the Sens need an RD. They could try to extend him.

Mateychuk is NHL ready now so this trade just gives Columbus Ottawa's 3 LD problem. Both teams need the same thing.

Severson is like Chabot and Chychrun.

Prone to defensive gaffes by trying to do too much.

Severson in Columbus is not trying to do too much, or even much. :laugh:

I'm not seeing a lot of defensive gaffes, just sort of average everything. $50m for a #3.5 D-man.

fine, trade Booner for a up and coming center like Pinto or Grieg so it matches better with the timeline

Ottawa is pretty happy with how things are going with Pinto and Greig, they're not taking the other side of that trade.

I don't think Columbus should trade Jenner in general.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Severson in Columbus is not trying to do too much, or even much. :laugh:

I'm not seeing a lot of defensive gaffes, just sort of average everything. $50m for a #3.5 D-man.

I watched him a bit with the Devils and during the World Championships.

But you'd have the more recent sample.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Don't see the fit and don't see Columbus giving up future core pieces (I noted Jiricek in the thread) for someone unlikely to extend, injury prone and previously indicated no interest in Columbus. I was a proponent for him prior to his move to Ottawa but I believe Columbus will want to continue development of Mateychuck, Svozil, Richard (College) and Makorov (KHL) to fill LD. They probably would also have an easier time re-signing Provorov, who I think has been a pretty good 2nd pair d-man.

Columbus is getting killed on special teams, not 5v5. I suspect the youth/skill will help with that in the next year or two. Just dont' see a fit here. Certainly not for the price I suspect Ottawa will want.

Dec 15, 2002
Kekalainen isn't the GM for Columbus.

That should lay out what the chances are of Chychrun going to Columbus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad