Proposal: Christian Dvorak to Wild

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Well you can have your opinion even if it's bad. Wild. Coaches and gm think differently
How is it bad?? I stated facts. Jost is slow, weak, can’t win a face off and produces 4th line offense. Avs fans were laughing when they dumped him onto the Wild to free up cap space for a rental. You gotta hand it to Sakic - he found a sucker!

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
No idea. But he doesn't fit into the team they've outlined. They want fast, gritty, smart, two way hockey players. Dvorak isn't fast, he's not really gritty, and he's average defensively. He is smart though. Just doesn't seem like they're type of player.

Rem Pitlick and the prospects they've got hit far more of the traits Hughes wants.
Takes time to re-mold a team. You don’t gut the middle until you have options to fill the void.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Takes time to re-mold a team. You don’t gut the middle until you have options to fill the void.
Sure it does, but if they get an offer they like for a player they don't like - they'll move him.

Nowhere did I say they're just going to give him away.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
How is it bad?? I stated facts. Jost is slow, weak, can’t win a face off and produces 4th line offense. Avs fans were laughing when they dumped him.
It's bad because your opinion, that it. You don't work in NHL. I am sure you think freddy G is bad also , but wild coaches and gm love him. There's a reason you haven't seen wild trade for C. Rossi is also on the way , and they are putting all their egg in on getting ben Myers by sending high levels executives to his Game and most likely to get him

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Sure it does, but if they get an offer they like for a player they don't like - they'll move him.

Nowhere did I say they're just going to give him away.
Agree with that but don’t see anyone trading a 2C or burgeoning 2C that fits the mold for Dvorak given the season he has had and the injuries…

Maybe Comtois?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
It's bad because your opinion, that it. You don't work in NHL. I am sure you think freddy G is bad also , but wild coaches and gm love him. There's a reason you haven't seen wild trade for C. Rossi is also on the way , and they are putting all their egg in on getting ben Myers by sending high levels executives to his Game and most likely to get him
You don’t work in the NHL either so I guess that makes your opinion bad as well?. Kind of an idiotic argument. I presented facts. You presented nothing but gibberish. Give Sakic his due - he found a sucker! lol

As for Freddie G iI have no opinion of him as I am not familiar with his game.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Dvorak is having a horrendous season with MTL. To put it in perspective, he is scoring less than the recently traded Nico Sturm, who is bigger faster, better defensively, and has 1/6th of the cap hit. He has 1/3 rd of the points total of Ryan Hartman, who makes 1/3rd of his salary.

Gaudreau is having a significantly better year, at 1/4 the cap hit.

JEE is a much , much better player. Stronger, much better defensively, and again, scoring way more.

About the only guy who has equal stats to Dvorak is the newly acquired Tyson Jost, who is younger, and makes 40% of what Dvorak does.

Any GM paying a 1st and a 2nd (McBain) needs to be fired on the spot, let alone a team that is entering cap hell next year and needs to manage every dollar.
Gaudreau is nothing. Jost is a 4th liner. Dvorak's season is irrelevant. Did it affect Chiarot's trade value? Dvorak is at worst the 2nd best centre on the Wild. But if they aren't trying to contend yet there is no point giving up much for him.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Yeah, I don't see the Canadiens getting that 1st back in a Dvorak trade unless they hang on to him and turn him around.... which I think he is capable. The season he is having this year @ a $4.5m cap hit for 3 more years, IMO, does not earn the Canadiens a 1st round pick back.
Most people agreed the price we paid was fair. All it took to tank his value was 30 something games? He's not sexy on HF right now, but I doubt it's the case around the league.
Not sure why we'd move him anyway.
For a return like the OP I'd probably do it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Gaudreau is nothing. Jost is a 4th liner. Dvorak's season is irrelevant. Did it affect Chiarot's trade value? Dvorak is at worst the 2nd best centre on the Wild. But if they aren't trying to contend yet there is no point giving up much for him.
How Dvorak plays hockey is irrelevant?

Well, if that's the way you think up in Montreal then that goes a long way to explain why your season has gone the way it has.

Reactions: Joseph Nathan

keeneyedobserver

Mar 5, 2014
I could see off season interest in Dvorak on the part of the Wild. They can’t afford Fiala long term, and Dvorak coming back in his prime with term would be a quick fix. Fiala can be a difference make, but if Minny doesn’t make or do well in the playoffs he’s probably down the road because of cap squeeze.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
You don’t work in the NHL either so I guess that makes your opinion bad as well?. Kind of an idiotic argument. I presented facts. You presented nothing but gibberish. Give Sakic his due - he found a sucker! lol

As for Freddie G iI have no opinion of him as I am not familiar with his game.
Again you didn't present facts . You said he's bad. Your opinion. The only opinion right is the face-offs. The gm and coaches don't see him as 4c. So it doesn't matter what you think, it doesn't matter what I think. Matters what coaches and gm thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad