Proposal: Christian Dvorak to Wild

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
In a recent thread, Wild fans weren't sold on acquiring a guy like Lehkonen, explaining that they need centers far more than wingers.

So, how about acquiring 26 year old Christian Dvorak ? He's never really gelled in Montreal, and if there is real interest in him elsewhere it might be just as well to move on with a rebuild underway. He's as #2/#3 center who's done well in the Western Conference, in the past, signed for 3 more years so this wouldn't be a rental.

I'm thinking a 1st (top 10 protected) and the rights to Jack McCain, along with any contract expiring in June 2022 or 2023 could work, though given the Wild's pick will be higher than most others we've seen thrown around recently, Habs might have to sweeten up the offer a bit. Or instead of a first, accept a couple of 2nd rounders.

Thoughts ? There is some support for the idea Dvorak would fit with the Wild : Canadiens News & Rumors: Chiarot, Lehkonen, Dvorak & More

I know the Wild is in a bit of a cap crunch, but there's usually a way to make thing work.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I wouldn't mind Dvorak on the Wild if there is a way to make it work cap-wise.

Reactions: Natey

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
In a recent thread, Wild fans weren't sold on acquiring a guy like Lehkonen, explaining that they need centers far more than wingers.

So, how about acquiring 26 year old Christian Dvorak ? He's never really gelled in Montreal, and if there is real interest in him elsewhere it might be just as well to move on with a rebuild underway. He's as #2/#3 center who's done well in the Western Conference, in the past, signed for 3 more years so this wouldn't be a rental.

I'm thinking a 1st (top 10 protected) and the rights to Jack McCain, along with any contract expiring in June 2022 or 2023 could work, though given the Wild's pick will be higher than most others we've seen thrown around recently, Habs might have to sweeten up the offer a bit. Or instead of a first, accept a couple of 2nd rounders.

Thoughts ? There is some support for the idea Dvorak would fit with the Wild : Canadiens News & Rumors: Chiarot, Lehkonen, Dvorak & More

I know the Wild is in a bit of a cap crunch, but there's usually a way to make thing work.
Yeah, I don't see the Canadiens getting that 1st back in a Dvorak trade unless they hang on to him and turn him around.... which I think he is capable. The season he is having this year @ a $4.5m cap hit for 3 more years, IMO, does not earn the Canadiens a 1st round pick back.

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth
Perfect middle-6 C for a contender team but Mtl should keep him. He's on a good contract and still young.
"He's never really gelled in Montreal" cause he never had the chance.
Maybe next year but im pretty sure he'll fit just well as a #2 or #3 with the Habs

Reactions: Prairie Habs

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Yeah, I don't see the Canadiens getting that 1st back in a Dvorak trade unless they hang on to him and turn him around.... which I think he is capable. The season he is having this year @ a $4.5m cap hit for 3 more years, IMO, does not earn the Canadiens a 1st round pick back.
I agree, this putrid season with DD as coach has not increased his value at all, most likely they keep him and give him a shot at 2C next year.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Habs won’t trade him at a net loss after 35 games. This season has been a write off for Dvorak and most Habs players due to initial coaching amid injuries. Would like to see Dvorak under MSL and with healthy line mates (Drouin and Armia/Anderson)./

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
I don't see Dvorak traded before the Habs have a 2C replacement lined up unless they get an offer too good to turn down.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I don’t see MTL letting him go while his value is lowest nor do I see MIN moving a 1st when they’ve proven the last month they aren’t real contenders this year.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

so habs are selling low, getting a 1st, a magic bean the wild will lose anyway and a cap dump? no thx. they keep him and see what they have.
C spot is already thin with bergevin's idiot moves

Reactions: Runner77

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Dvorak is having a horrendous season with MTL. To put it in perspective, he is scoring less than the recently traded Nico Sturm, who is bigger faster, better defensively, and has 1/6th of the cap hit. He has 1/3 rd of the points total of Ryan Hartman, who makes 1/3rd of his salary.

Gaudreau is having a significantly better year, at 1/4 the cap hit.

JEE is a much , much better player. Stronger, much better defensively, and again, scoring way more.

About the only guy who has equal stats to Dvorak is the newly acquired Tyson Jost, who is younger, and makes 40% of what Dvorak does.

Any GM paying a 1st and a 2nd (McBain) needs to be fired on the spot, let alone a team that is entering cap hell next year and needs to manage every dollar.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Wild aren't trading their 1st, that has been made clear. No team is trading for a player whose 1st game was the other night , coming back from a head injury in which he almost missed two months. Guerin isn't like other GM's and will not sacrifice a 1st round pick. Wr have Rossi coming, we already have Joel Eriksson Ek, and Ryan Hartman along with Tyson jost. Wild also are going all out for ben Myers of the hometown gophers. Myers is being offered a roster spot. So wild decline this. Montreal overpaid, and other teams won't help them get the 1st back

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Dvorak is having a horrendous season with MTL. To put it in perspective, he is scoring less than the recently traded Nico Sturm, who is bigger faster, better defensively, and has 1/6th of the cap hit. He has 1/3 rd of the points total of Ryan Hartman, who makes 1/3rd of his salary.

JEE is a much , much better player. Stronger, much better defensively, and again, scoring way more.

About the only guy who has equal stats to Dvorak is the newly acquired Tyson Jost, who is younger, and makes 40% of what Dvorak does.

Any GM paying a 1st and a 2nd (McBain) needs to be fired on the spot, let alone a team that is entering cap hell next year and needs to manage every dollar.
he's been injured or playing injured for over 50% of the year in 2 new systems and 2 new coaches on a new team. To put it in actual perspective. but don't let facts get in the way.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Wild aren't trading their 1st, that has been made clear. No team is trading for a player whose 1st game was the other night , coming back from a head injury in which he almost missed two months. Guerin isn't like other GM's and will not sacrifice a 1st round pick. Wr have Rossi coming, we already have Joel Eriksson Ek, and Ryan Hartman along with Tyson jost. Wild also are going all out for ben Myers of the hometown gophers. Myers is being offered a roster spot. So wild decline this. Montreal overpaid, and other teams won't help them get the 1st back
Tyson Jost…. lol

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

Hrs having a bad year, but you didn't need to make a big list comparing his totals to guys who have played full seasons while Dvorak missed 26 games. His 16 points in 35 games isn't "scoring less" than Nico Sturm having 17 points in 54 games...

Reactions: malcb33 and Natey

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Why are Habs fans trying to trade Dvorak, they just got him and they're not going to get a return better than what they paid for him?

Reactions: Prairie Habs

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
he's been injured or playing injured for over 50% of the year in 2 new systems and 2 new coaches on a new team. To put it in actual perspective. but don't let facts get in the way.
The "actual" is that he is having an awful season. Not being able to take the ice matters...it's not some minor detail. Also, he would be coming to another new team, with a new system and new players. Why sign up for that, if, by you own admission, he can't adjust well to new situations?

Until Dvorak proves he can "actually" play and produce up to the level of his renumeration, he will have little to no value as a trade piece. No team will take his salary on w/o insisting that MTL take back equal or greater cap hit, especially a team like the Wild, who are entering cap hell.

Those are the "facts", whether you wish to recognize them or not. The trade proposal is one sided for MTL. Go figger.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Tyson Jost…. lol
Yeah Tyson jost was acquired as a c. He's playing C and twins are planning to move him up lineup soon. Twins also have Rossi coming and are making an all out push to sign homeborn, hometown player Center Ben Myers by sending high place executives like judd brackett to his game. So we have no need for Dvorak.

Freddy G has also been amazing playing better , driving line with boldy and fiala

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah Tyson jost was acquired as a c. He's playing C and twins are planning to move him up lineup soon. Twins also have Rossi coming and are making an all out push to sign homeborn, hometown player Center Ben Myers by sending high place executives like judd brackett to his game. So we have no need for Dvorak.

Freddy G has also been amazing playing better , driving line with boldy and fiala
Don't go crazy now, let's just say he has been outplaying his contract.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Tyson Jost is a useless player on a bad contract. Sakic fleeced the Wild by dumping him onto the Wild for an expiring contract. Jost is slow, weak, can’t win a face off and produces like a 4th line forward. I can’t believe the Wild helped the Avs like that… Jost has zero potential to move up a lineup.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Why are Habs fans trying to trade Dvorak, they just got him and they're not going to get a return better than what they paid for him?
I personally like Dvorak and think there's something good there.

But he also doesn't really fit into the plan Hughes and Gorton laid forward, so I could see him being moved.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I personally like Dvorak and think there's something good there.

But he also doesn't really fit into the plan Hughes and Gorton laid forward, so I could see him being moved.
How does he not fit into the plans? Who is taking his spot in the lineup in the foreseeable future? He’s a responsible 2-way forward who is occupying the void of losing Danault and KK (and Domi to lesser extent).

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Tyson Jost is a useless player on a bad contract. Sakic fleeced the Wild by dumping him onto the Wild for an expiring contract. Jost is slow, weak, can’t win a face off and produces like a 4th line forward. I can’t believe the Wild helped the Avs like that… Jost has zero potential to move up a lineup.
Well you can have your opinion even if it's bad. Wild. Coaches and gm think differently

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
How does he not fit into the plans? Who is taking his spot in the lineup in the foreseeable future?
No idea. But he doesn't fit into the team they've outlined. They want fast, gritty, smart, two way hockey players. Dvorak isn't fast, he's not really gritty, and he's average defensively. He is smart though. Just doesn't seem like they're type of player.

Rem Pitlick and the prospects they've got hit far more of the traits Hughes wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad