Rumor: Chris Tanev to TOR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdomino

Begrudgingly, a Canucks fan
Oct 13, 2020
Random guy says he has a random source.

More at six.
Dreger is the Leafs PR mouthpiece and he was saying yesterday the Leafs are going to go hard for Tanev and Zadorov

It's probably true unfortunately

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Don't know how much he has left in the tank but was an absolute force that nobody ever knew about in Vancouver for several years.

Pretty much singlehandedly kept the defense afloat and we saw what happened when that idiot Jim Benning let him walk.

Warrior that is loved by his teammates.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
A 6 or 7 year deal would be smart.

They have the 35+ contract buyout rules to prevent that exact advantage that a 6 or 7 year deal can provide in this scenario. Tanev is 34, so they can exploit that rule.

They could front load and guarantee the first 2 years with signing bonuses. Then if you're Tanev, you look at it like total salary in year 1+2 and 33 percent of salary in years 3-6 is greater than what a 2 year deal somewhere else would be for. Because that's the worst case scenario for him if LTIRetirement doesn't pan out.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
4 years 20 mill is my guess

Great add and exactly what the Leafs need

If this is true

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Canucks onto plan D
Dammit!
Good for toronto tho!

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
His lack of speed was exposed against the oilers in the WSF. Im sure Toronto fans won't be all over him by mid season. for being slow and immobile.
Leafs need to get out of their division first, and a shutdown partner for Rielly that can help on the PK. If he's getting exposed by one of the fastest teams in the league in the SCF, I think we'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad