Chris Stewart

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Stewart for a 2017 2nd is an absolute steal, don't know how anyone can complain about this.

Our depth is amazingly strong now.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
The price isn't too bad, would have been bad if it was an earlier 2nd or 3rd rounder but 2 years is a lot of time to flip a 2nd. But I don't see why anybody would be mad about us getting a big body for the playoffs with decent a chance to elevate his game in a contending team!

There is a lot of smoke about him being a pretty big locker room cancer.

Killerjug

Feb 21, 2013
Don't mind getting stewart wish it would have been a 3rd or 4th but I like what he can bring

P10p

May 15, 2012
He is very capable of being a 20-25g 40-50pt powerforward. Still only 27 lets not forget and he has scored over 25 in a season before.

Bps21*

No Wild season is complete without a trade with Buffalo.

I think there is a rule that Buffalo has to get your second round picks somehow. They really pushed it to the last minute this time.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Well we got 3 years now to hopefully get a 2nd rounder back and we didn't give up our one this year which is great.

Listen if he's terrible and Cooke and Carter come back, with Bergenheim and Schroeder then Stewart will NOT stay in the lineup with our forward depth. Low risk move on our part, decent gamble just like Dubnyk.

I get it, nice job Fletch.

mnwild16

May 29, 2014
Duluth, MN
With our wing depth I can't really see a place for him, but I will reserve judgement until I see him play a few games with us. If he can buy into our system and work a little harder, i could see him being a strong player for us.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
He is very capable of being a 20-25g 40-50pt powerforward. Still only 27 lets not forget and he has scored over 25 in a season before.

5 years ago. Hope he adds value to this team during the playoff push. A devastating clean hit on Landeskog come Sunday would be nice too. Time will tell.

Slick Willy*

I think the Colorado game prompted this. Our players still get beat up and liberties are taken

All the way this.

I don't know anything about this guy. Shows he scored 28 goals for Colorado though one season. As with any other player I will hold my opinion on him.

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
Maybe wait till he actually plays for us before having a coronary about it?

Yeah I don't honestly get it. Guy plays inconsistently or badly in a bottom feeder team for couple of seasons, dunno why his career in STL went awry.. Might not be the best guy in the locker room, but even if its a damn cliché, we have the leadership to get him to buy in to the system and being a part of the Team. He might as well light up and be the missing piece, and ya'll going nuts about a 2nd rounder that wouldn't pan out for like 4-6 years?

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Parise - Granlund - Pominville

Bergenheim - Koivu - Vanek

Schroeder - Coyle - Nino

Haula - Brodziak - Stewart

DEPTHHHHHHH

I don't like scratching Fontaine though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad