CHL players asking judge to stop major junior drafts

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I don’t think a US court has any jurisdiction in anything to do with the CHL where the majority of the teams are based in Canada and all the three leagues’ management structure is in Canada. Even if it is successful in a US court how could any ruling be enforced in Canada as we are not under the jurisdiction of US law? This appears to another frivolous lawsuit by two disgruntled players that will never go anywhere.

Last edited:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Yeah this one is going nowhere. Drafts are in place to make sure that leagues are competitive. Otherwise you get European football. Same 2-3 teams win the league every year with no hope for the mid to small market teams. Plus if they don't like the CHL team they got selected by, they can always go to the USHL, NAHL, BCHL (as a FA).

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Yeah this one is going nowhere. Drafts are in place to make sure that leagues are competitive. Otherwise you get European football. Same 2-3 teams win the league every year with no hope for the mid to small market teams. Plus if they don't like the CHL team they got selected by, they can always go to the USHL, NAHL, BCHL (as a FA).
I believe these leagues hold a "draft" as well so not sure how they can be stop 1 league from holding a draft but exempt others?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I believe these leagues hold a "draft" as well so not sure how they can be stop 1 league from holding a draft but exempt others?

they are suing the chl because there is more money in it for them, but as always, the kids wont get much and the lawyers will get 80 percent of it, not that this will be successful

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad