Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA and European 2019-20 Prospects Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I don't get it.....?
NHLe is basically a conversion factor that weighs a player's production, age, and strength of the league.

For example: On average, a 19-20 year old player jumping from the OHL to the NHL will usually score around 30% of the goals they had the previous year. So based on how many goals that player scores in the OHL, we can predict what their production will be when they move to a different league.

So it's a nice way to get a pretty good handle on projecting a player to the NHL. And right now our prospects average as the 4th strongest in the league in this regard.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
NHLe is basically a conversion factor that weighs a player's production, age, and strength of the league.

For example: On average, a 19-20 year old player jumping from the OHL to the NHL will usually score around 30% of the goals they had the previous year. So based on how many goals that player scores in the OHL, we can predict what their production will be when they move to a different league.

So it's a nice way to get a pretty good handle on projecting a player to the NHL. And right now our prospects average as the 4th strongest in the league in this regard.

The NHLeS used in the above post also factors in the relative strength of the prospects’ team, so it should be a little more accurate than standard NHLe.

Reactions: AfroThunder396

Caser

RUSProspects @ gmail. com
May 21, 2013
Riga
twitter.com
How physical is the KHL compared to the NHL?

I'm not sure how it is exactly possible to compare, but in terms of numbers, maybe a comparison with Zaitsev's teammate former (and likely future too) NHLer Dmitrij Jaskin might help.

Jaskin was 52nd in the NHL in previous season in hits/60 with 14. In the KHL that translated to 8.8 hits/60. Zaitsev's KHL numbers are around 6.5 hits/60, so if we use Jaskin's example, it could translate to 10.3 hits/60 in the NHL (which is around the Top100 and would be 3rd on the current NJD roster).

With that being said, I should notice that physicality of the league isn't always described in hits, as the number of hits also depends of other factors such as style of play, rink sizes, style of refereeing, methodology of hit counting etc.

Last edited:

Caser

RUSProspects @ gmail. com
May 21, 2013
Riga
twitter.com
@Caser I appreciate you keeping us up to date on our Russian prospects. I see that Zaitsev is under contract until the end of 2021 - any idea if he plans to come over here afterwards?

I think it all will depend on the situation he will be in by that time, if he will feel he is good to test himself in NA and obviously on communication with NJD management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad