Chicago Wolves officially end independent status, reaffiliate with the Hurricanes

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
AHL likely allowed it under a trial basis last off season but when you look over the history of the AHL, the last three "independent" member clubs were not competitive including the Wolves this season

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
AHL likely allowed it under a trial basis last off season but when you look over the history of the AHL, the last three "independent" member clubs were not competitive including the Wolves this season
It wasn't a "TRIAL" basis...and the AHL didn't "allow" it...there wasn't a damn thing they could do about it. Until the AHL changes the bylaws there is NOTHING preventing a team from being independent...
By The Way....I believe I posted something about this 2 weeks ago...don't know where that post is but......

Reactions: adsfan and Roadhog

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Exercising full control of hockey operations is basically everything the Canes wanted from the start, so Chicago clearly made heavy concessions to get this done.

I guess having a terrible roster, nobody willing to sign with you because there was no path to the NHL and no other franchises willing to affiliate because you either burned those bridges already or they aren't touching an affiliate that prioritized their own needs over prospect development really hurt in the long run, huh.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Exercising full control of hockey operations is basically everything the Canes wanted from the start, so Chicago clearly made heavy concessions to get this done.

I guess having a terrible roster, nobody willing to sign with you because there was no path to the NHL and no other franchises willing to affiliate because you either burned those bridges already or they aren't touching an affiliate that prioritized their own needs over prospect development really hurt in the long run, huh.
You have no idea what concessions the Canes made financially to get control. Negotiations like this aren’t 1 sided.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Maybe the Wolves will win a few more games against Milwaukee next season? I will guess that Rocco Grimaldi will move on.
At this point who knows about either one of them...I do know that people getting all excited about Carolina are in for a rude awakening since Carolina doesn't give a crap about winning at the AHL level and only wants their players developed. I'd say more but I can't because Im not qualified to do so according to some...and the info I have isn't found in a story or a link.

Reactions: adsfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad