Confirmed with Link: Chicago Wolves AHL Affiliate

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
That certainly sounds like a good fit for our style! Good first hire, wonder if they've been interviewing assistants or if they were waiting to bring the HC on board first.
I'd imagine that the HC will have his guys in mind for the most part other than goalie coach and S&C which is usually the parent club. Probably haven't had many unless this hire was known for a while.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Wondering about ECHL affiliation.....where does the B team go?
Did the affiliation with Norfolk officially end? I missed that completely.

Looks like Cincinnati and the Florida Everblades are the ones yet to announce an affiliation next year.

Reactions: DaveG

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

Looks like Cincinnati and the Florida Everblades are the ones yet to announce an affiliation next year.
Blades haven’t been happy with their last two affiliations (they are like the Wolves in that they are always in win now mode).

It will be interesting if they continue with the Cats.

Reactions: DaveG

Highest Boss

Jan 15, 2014
Illinois

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Any news on the Wolves' free agents who were not under contract to the Canes? Does Chicago have any interest in players like Conacher or Crone to fill some of the veteran slots?

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Any news on the Wolves' free agents who were not under contract to the Canes? Does Chicago have any interest in players like Conacher or Crone to fill some of the veteran slots?
You need to talk to Tulsky/Borg as they make all personnel decisions. Chicago mgt focus is on business interests.

Florida is tied to St. Louis now

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
its unlikely that we will have any AHL free agents on the team. we are going to have a lot of prospects on the team with a handful of 4th line call up types guys.

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
Wondering about ECHL affiliation.....where does the B team go?
Im one of those who think why does that league even exist , most players arent even ours , if i had my way i would disband or opt out of that league , and have the AHL have 40 teams , 8 indepenant teams that would get leased players from other teams , and no independent team would have no affiliation with NHL teams and would be in Cities where they would want an expansion or city transfer into NHL , (Quebec City , Kansas City , Houston , Atlanta , Phoenix ..... then we could see how they manage their Teams and how much fans they'd get with a little worst team than NHL affiliated teams
i think it would make the AHL more interesting that way

Reactions: Chan790

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
its unlikely that we will have any AHL free agents on the team. we are going to have a lot of prospects on the team with a handful of 4th line call up types guys.
This. Carolina has 12 forwards signed to 1-way deals and 3 RFAs still to sign who will all get 1-way deals (Drury, Necas, Jarvis.) Won't carry 15 forwards, so at least 1 is probably starting the season in Chicago. More if Fast is healthy.

There are 9 more forwards and 11 D on 2-way deals who are signed below the 6 1-way deals on defense. And even with all of this, Carolina is at 46/50 contracts according to CapWages.

Given Carolina could sign more contracts with options to be called up to the Hurricanes and still have space for later additions, there's zero reason to sign a Chicago-exclusive player.

Last edited:

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
one of blake/nadeau/FUS +2
Trikizov +1
Suzuki +1
Jaaska +1
Robidas +1
Slavin +1
Jost +1

I wouldnt be surprised to see us sign a college UFA or two, Mercuri could sign, and us signing Nylander and pushing Robinson down too seems possible.

we kind of have the 13F thing down with Jost, Robinson, and Lemieux on the roster. we are likely looking for some younger players at this point.

Reactions: Bridgeburner96

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC

Does this guy really expect Carolina to carry 15 forwards in Raleigh??

Even if you send Nadeau and Blake down from the capwages roster, that's still 15 forwards. More NHL players are going to Chicago.

Looks like Carolina is waiting it out on signing more players for Chicago as they finalize the NHL roster, and there are still veteran players available to potentially sign.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Does this guy really expect Carolina to carry 15 forwards in Raleigh??

Even if you send Nadeau and Blake down from the capwages roster, that's still 15 forwards. More NHL players are going to Chicago.

Looks like Carolina is waiting it out on signing more players for Chicago as they finalize the NHL roster, and there are still veteran players available to potentially sign.
He has covered the Wolves for a long while. I guess the changes in mgt. and philosophy may take some time to settle in.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
He has covered the Wolves for a long while. I guess the changes in mgt. and philosophy may take some time to settle in.
I don't think he's considering any one-way deals as possibilities to play in Chicago. And I understand the rationale given all of them (and Suzuki) will have to pass through waivers.

But there's just not roster space for everyone in Raleigh.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
I don't think he's considering any one-way deals as possibilities to play in Chicago. And I understand the rationale given all of them (and Suzuki) will have to pass through waivers.

But there's just not roster space for everyone in Raleigh.
True but maybe the thought of starting from scratch is daunting given their history. Even though some of our prospects have played there in the past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad