Proposal: Chicago-Ottawa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Chicago gets
Zack Smith

Ottawa gets
Artem Anisimov

Reason for Chicago
They pick up a similar but slightly less producing forward (however smith was on a less offensive team so it might even be closer), gain some cap flexibility (roughly 750k but it looks like chicago needs to add 2 forwards at least and only have a million in cap space), pick up a forward that is better suited for a bottom 6 role. Even if chicago is placing Crawford on the LTIR this allows chicago to spend move money over the offseason since from my understanding you can go 10% over the cap in the offseason (i think). This allows chicago to see if they can sign someone on the FA market instead of internally promoting.

Reason for Ottawa
Anisimov's bonus has been payed so we save money which we can use towards resigning white. Anisimov may have taken a step back but is more suited for a top 6 role. It allows ottawa to bring brown along slowly instead of rushing him in the league.

Thoughts?

Good call

Reactions: TheNewEra

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Chicago gets
Zack Smith

Ottawa gets
Artem Anisimov

Reason for Chicago
They pick up a similar but slightly less producing forward (however smith was on a less offensive team so it might even be closer), gain some cap flexibility (roughly 750k but it looks like chicago needs to add 2 forwards at least and only have a million in cap space), pick up a forward that is better suited for a bottom 6 role. Even if chicago is placing Crawford on the LTIR this allows chicago to spend move money over the offseason since from my understanding you can go 10% over the cap in the offseason (i think). This allows chicago to see if they can sign someone on the FA market instead of internally promoting.

Reason for Ottawa
Anisimov's bonus has been payed so we save money which we can use towards resigning white. Anisimov may have taken a step back but is more suited for a top 6 role. It allows ottawa to bring brown along slowly instead of rushing him in the league.

Thoughts?

You are God!

Great call...

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Chicago gets
Zack Smith

Ottawa gets
Artem Anisimov

Reason for Chicago

Reason for Ottawa

Thoughts?

Got any stock picks?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
So you were just wrong then and based it off a tweet? OP pulled his out of his ass and it was correct.

Um, no, did you even read it? The tweet had nothing to do with a trade.

I proposed 4 months ago that Smith should be moved to a team seeking cap relief for a player whose bonus was paid this summer, in my case Backes. For an easy win-win trade where the Sens saved salary dollars ($1.5m to be exact), and the other team saved cap space. OP even responded in that proposal thread I made. Then OP made another thread 2 weeks ago with the exact framework of the Sens saving salary dollars (coincidentally also $1.5m), to a team seeking cap relief, but Anisimov instead of Backes. I had 80% of the equation. OP made a great call by identifying Anisimov as a candidate for such a move.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Clearly Bowman reads HF boards and proposed it to Dorion.

Because we all know Melnyk doesn't pay for Dorion to have WiFi

Reactions: TheNewEra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad