Proposal: Chicago - Avs Van - Avs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Avs do not need a high end goalie. Kuemper just finished feb with a .930 save percentage. He has been legitimately getting better and better.
Kuemper is playing like he’s one of the best 5 or so goalies in the NHL. He’s one of the Avs best players.

the Avs won the Kuemper trade and are thrilled Kuemper has been better than expected.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
Kuemper and Francoiz are damn good goalies but can they stay healthy. Fleury is been healthy but doubt that Avs are willing to pay for him nor can they fit him in cap.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Since Kuemper returned from injury on December 8th he's 3rd in the league in GSAA, and Francouz is 10th. Needless to say the Avs don't need a goalie change.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Kuemper is playing like he’s one of the best 5 or so goalies in the NHL. He’s one of the Avs best players.

the Avs won the Kuemper trade and are thrilled Kuemper has been better than expected.
Kuemper has been great later in the season here. No need for another goalie. Let's wait for some playoff results before declaring trade victory lol

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
Colorado should be all in this year.

Chicago : Fleury (50% retained) + 3rd - 2022
Avs: Francouz + 1st 2023

Van: JT Miller (50% Retained)
Avs: Newhook + Eric Jonhson + 2nd (2023)

Did not do the Cap impact to the penny, but looks like it could work.

I have my helmet.... Hammer away.
I'm probably not adding anything new here, but whatevs:
- Avs are gonna ride this tandem for better or worse. There's a 0% chance that they drop another 1st for any goalie, let alone a rental.
- DK has also been excellent for a very long stretch, having stolen more than a couple games when the team came out flat. Main board proposals that include goalies tend to scream: "I don't watch the team."
- EJ has very little value to a team like the Nucks right now, while for Colorado, he's a leader. His game has been hit or miss, but regardless, it would be senseless to trade him before a run.
- I do not agree with the notion that Newhook is untouchable, but as a guy who is playing regularly and showing promise with years left on his ELC, I think Sakic will be rightfully reluctant to get rid of him-- too reluctant for this particular trade, at the very least. Their imminent cap crunch only makes Newhook more important to their current plans. EJ, meanwhile, can't even be considered as a cap dump for a player with high salary -- his $6mil/year is likely going straight to MacKinnon. They'll have to create space elsewhere if they want to add now.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
I think the Avs could improve their roster, but these panic threads or "go all in" threads just don't make sense. They're already all in. The early season panic proved to be entirely unfounded.

I'm not saying they should stand pat, but moving big assets like Newhook or a 1st for basically lateral or no improvement is not a good way to spend assets.

Reactions: nightonthesun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad