Proposal: Chicago - Avs Van - Avs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
EJ isn't getting traded this TDL.
Newhook isn't getting traded.
Kuemper has been better than Fleury.
There are better ways to spend assets + cap space than Fleury.
Compher and Jost are still on the team after these trades.
J. Johnson will still be a regular after these trades.
MacDermid will be forced to be our #6 defenseman after these trades.

Maybe keep the proposals for your own team.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
I wouldn’t be upset about upgrading Francouz with Fleury. But I think Sakic has other priorities.

Newhook and EJ will not be traded this season. Possibly in the offseason, depending on how this year finishes.

pockets

I haven't slept for 10 days cuz that'd be too long
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
These are just awful…

If the Avs trade for a goalie it’ll be a #3 insurance policy in case of an injury. Not trading a 1st for someone to compete with Kuemper or be his backup.

And as others have said, Newhook is going nowhere

Reactions: Psycho Mantis

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Yeah Colorado’s goaltending woes aren’t a thing right now so trading for Fleury (overpayment or not) would not make sense. Maybe they’ll get a security 3rd string, but that isn’t MAF.

I’d love to have Miller, but I can’t see them moving Newhook to do it. Not to mention I can’t see Vancouver being interested in EJ. He’s been a serviceable bottom pairing guy, but that contract is rough. Not to mention I can’t imagine he has many years left in the tank.

Weast

May 16, 2011
As stated above, Newhook and EJ are non-starters.
I think Sakic will go after a veteran 3rd Goalie in case of injury or a meltdown from Francouz or Keumper, but not at the price of a 1st.

Reactions: AslanRH

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Sakic won't trade EJ before at least this playoff run is complete and likely will keep him for the duration of his contract.

The guy has stayed through the bad times, is a key piece by all reports in the locker room, and waived for the expansion draft.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Did Kuemper win anything in his career?
Better than Fleury not so sure.
I would rather start the playoffs Kuemper / Fleury instead of Kuemper / Francouz

Id rather use the first to get someone who’s going to play every game. Fleury has lost his starting role the last handful of playoffs.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
No interest in 33 year old Eric Johnson and he doesnt fit in the cap anyway
OP is asking the Canucks to take on EJ's $6 mill cap hit while retaining $2.6 mill on Miller as well to acquire newhook and a 2nd. That's never happening as JR wants to free up some cap space.

Reactions: RebuildinVan

TropicOfNoReturn

May 30, 2021
No way the Canucks do that.

If you want Miller's salary retained, the offer needs to be significantly better than this.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I mean both of these are terrible

It's an overpayment for a downgrade in goal and a move that destroys us cap-wise next season

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Colorado should be all in this year.

Chicago : Fleury (50% retained) + 3rd - 2022
Avs: Francouz + 1st 2023

Van: JT Miller (50% Retained)
Avs: Newhook + Eric Jonhson + 2nd (2023)

Did not do the Cap impact to the penny, but looks like it could work.

I have my helmet.... Hammer away.
Frankie has a 92.3% save percentage. Why do the Avs need to trade such an excellent backup and 1st round pick to acquire another backup G behind the really excellent Kuemper? That’s stupid.

trading Newhook, your future 2C, also super stupid. While I’d be ok trading EJ in the off-season for table scraps, he’s a 17-18 minute a game Dman for the Avs this season. Who replaces him?

These trades both really suck for the Avs… make the Avs worse.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
No way the Canucks do that.

If you want Miller's salary retained, the offer needs to be significantly better than this.
You won’t be getting an ELC player of Newhooks caliber for JT Miller. You’ll get a first + you’ll get a decent prospect, but it won’t be a Newhook level prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad