Confirmed Trade: [CHI/WSH] Michal Kempny for 2018 3rd round pick

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
The confusion with regards to what you said, is you just said 31st pick without adding "in the 3rd round".

didnt think we had to mention that it was the third round considering the trade was for a 3rd rounder. but my bad for not clarifying :)

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
He doesn't mean the 31st overall pick, he means the 31st pick in the 3rd round
yeah not sure I really understand why its worded like that, without mentioning the third round at all. just throwing out "31st pick" kinda made me think he was talking about the end of the first round? which like confused me a bit?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Because it was a conditional pick, i thought you were suggesting that if the caps won the cup, the pick would become a 1st rounder.

ah i see the confusion. no, the condition is on the third rounder. if caps finish ahead of toronto then its the caps pick. if toronto finishes ahead of the caps then its torontos pick. thats the condition

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
I still think the Caps will be acquiring a depth forward. Grabner would make sense, given the speed he brings and the complete lack of speed this team has.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I would have done this trade for Manning in a heartbeat, but the Capitals see him a lot so there's no way they'd give up a 3rd for him.

Reactions: Sam Spade

BreakingGood

Jun 29, 2014
A third round pick for a guy with pretty consistently fantastic possession numbers. I don't know his usage, but to me he could be the most sheltered guy in the league, and a third round pick is a fine price to pay to see if he can do it in average to tougher minutes.

Reactions: third man in

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I think it will end up being a sellers market for D and a buyers market for forwards. I prefer this to a 2nd and Lucas Johansen for Green. Maybe the Caps trade the other 3rd for for Vanek, then they’re good.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I think it will end up being a sellers market for D and a buyers market for forwards. I prefer this to a 2nd and Lucas Johansen for Green. Maybe the Caps trade the other 3rd for for Vanek, then they’re good.

I'm with you. Unless it is for OEL, I just don't see the point in wasting assets on any of the D that is rumored to be available (even McDonogh).

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
is this a trade any insider was giving us in their columns or blogs or podcasts? I love insiders for their entertainment value... but how many times do any trades actually get leaked?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad