Vancouver
To Chicago:
:hawks
-Vasili Podkolzin

To Vancouver:
:nucks
-Lukas Reichel

Change of scenery trade. 1 for 1.
Canucks have no interest. Pod doesn’t need a change of scenery. We are going to lose multiple forwards to free agency/trade this offseason, and Pod will have an opportunity be a big part of our bottom 6.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Even with how poorly Reichel played for stretches this year and how crappy the situation was with the team around him, he's still been a more productive NHL player than Podkolzin, a more productive AHL player and he's younger.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Even with how poorly Reichel played for stretches this year and how crappy the situation was with the team around him, he's still been a more productive NHL player than Podkolzin, a more productive AHL player and he's younger.
Pretty much this and as a Canucks fan I would jump on this trade 8 days a week and I'm not a Pods downer.

Reactions: biturbo19

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It's crazy how hyped draft picks get. I remember reading about this kid and how talented he (Podkolzin) was and how much potential he had

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd probably do it. But it really just exacerbates the problem Vancouver have this summer.

If i'm doing this deal, it's because i like Reichel as better than Hoglander as a Top-6 Winger. And i'm probably trading Hoglander for something as a follow-on to this.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Pretty much this and as a Canucks fan I would jump on this trade 8 days a week and I'm not a Pods downer.

Yeah. I don't hate Podz but the real hope for him is like..."maybe he can be a solid bottom-6 winger" for $1.1M.

Reichel is a guy who i think has the potential to take off if you put him with a guy like Pettersson. He's got speed and skill...maybe it doesn't work out. But i'd pull the trigger on that gamble. Reichel has genuine top-6 upside. As much as i wish Podkolzin did...i'm not confident on that at all.

Reactions: wetcoast

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Wait for it. I am a fan of the kid and I’m sure if you watched Tampa Bay play at a regular basis you would see why. If he’s moved, it’s only to sign Stamkos
I've watched them a ton, he isn't worth that for 7 more years. If it were a shorter term deal, like 3 more years, then sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad