Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VAN] Ilya Mikheyev (15% retained), Sam Lafferty, 2027 2nd round pick for 2027 4th round pick

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
If Mikheyev declines the trade, Vancouver can just put him on waivers and both teams can complete the transaction without him while Chicago puts in a claim

He doesn’t have a NMC - no leverage
Why would Chicago put in the claim? First, he has negative value, that's why the higher assets are going in that direction, and second, he's saying outright that he doesn't want to be there, reducing the value even more.

Plus, it's obviously too high risk for Vancouver, because Chicago can basically just NOT claim him and keep the higher pick.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Why would Chicago put in the claim? First, he has negative value, that's why the higher assets are going in that direction, and second, he's saying outright that he doesn't want to be there, reducing the value even more.

Plus, it's obviously too high risk for Vancouver, because Chicago can basically just now claim him and keep the higher pick.
Chicago isn’t giving the higher pick

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018

Plus, it's obviously too high risk for Vancouver, because Chicago can basically just now claim him and keep the higher pick.

Chicago gets the higher pick to take him

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
That's what I'm saying.

If the Vancouver gives the second and Lafferty for a 4th, then Chicago turns around and doesn't claim Michayev. Vancouver gets screwed.

You can make the trade conditional on the Hawks claiming Mikheyev. Also, Allvin has a good relationship with the Blackhawks, they keep getting picks from him, why would Chicago screw that up?

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
You can make the trade conditional on the Hawks claiming Mikheyev. Also, Allvin has a good relationship with the Blackhawks, they keep getting picks from him, why would Chicago screw that up?
Didn't realize a trade could be officially conditional based on a waiver claim.

Either way, if he's rejecting a trade to Chicago, that's no reason for them to do this and keep a guy that has no desire to play there.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary

Either way, if he's rejecting a trade to Chicago, that's no reason for them to do this and keep a guy that has no desire to play there.

I'm not sure it could be. I feel like the union would have an issue with that as its bypassing a NMC

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018

Pretty sure the trade can be conditional on basically anything. Make the deal on a conditional 2nd, then if they don't pick him it becomes a 7th.

ohnoeszz

May 5, 2010
I'd been thinking of Chicago as the destination. It makes perfect sense for them. Mikheyev is a legit defensive player and pker with speed. His contract only has 2 years left and no free agent wants to go to a bad team in Chicago except for term with money.

This gets them a pick, a short term upgrade at wing/pk, and a long term trade chip as I think they will easily be able to trade him for good value in his last year.

VAN gets cap space to buy the players that now actually want to play there.

It's a really sensible trade.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Why would Chicago put in the claim? First, he has negative value, that's why the higher assets are going in that direction, and second, he's saying outright that he doesn't want to be there, reducing the value even mo
If this money goes towards Tyler Myers I may just internally combust.
He was excellent last year. Anything under 3 and it's excellent value.
Need to wipe the previous five years and 6 million cap out of the picture and judge by what Foote and Tochett got out of him.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Hi is this still available

I'm told Mrs. Hawktua is holding up the deal.

hfr1rQ6.png

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
He was excellent last year. Anything under 3 and it's excellent value.
Need to wipe the previous five years and 6 million cap out of the picture and judge by what Foote and Tochett got out of him.

Whoever the hell started this narrative needs to be banned from this site

No he wasn’t

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I'm not sure it could be. I feel like the union would have an issue with that as its bypassing a NMC
Mikheyev has a NTC, not a NMC. He cannot block going on waivers and any team claiming him.

The union didn’t protest it happening to Barclay Goodrow, either. Or Todd Marchant back in the day, either.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Mikheyev has a NTC, not a NMC. He cannot block going on waivers and any team claiming him.

The union didn’t protest it happening to Barclay Goodrow, either. Or Todd Marchand back in the day, either.

Goodrow got waived and claimed. This would be effectively traded through a waiver wire.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

Pretty sure the trade can be conditional on basically anything. Make the deal on a conditional 2nd, then if they don't pick him it becomes a 7th.

A trade can't be conditional on a waiver claim. The league has already come out and said any future trade between the Sharks and Rangers will be heavily scrutinized to make sure there is no payback for the waiver claim. If it was found a team circumventef a NTC the PA would be all over it with a grievance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad