Confirmed Trade: [CHI/VAN] Ilya Mikheyev (15% retained), Sam Lafferty, 2027 2nd round pick for 2027 4th round pick

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Nah. I hate the Oilers every bit as much as you Vancouver fans. Entitled and dirty team with goons like Kane, Perry, Nurse and Foegele and the diving by Drai is just too much. I can’t stand the oilers. It was amazing seeing them crushed Monday night. Reading their fan comments in pure agony. Not going to lie… I loved it.

I enjoy watching Hughes. He’s really good. So is EP when he’s engaged. Miller is bread n butter old school player. Great goalie.. good third line… lots here for a hockey fan to appreciate. Plus the outside the stadium shots of the city, ocean and mountains… definitely one of the prettiest environments to host an NHL team. Probably #1 for that.
I’d bet a majority of people on this thread don’t give f*** who you enjoy watching. This is about the Hawk-Canuck trade.
I know (from your 100’s of post that you pretend to be an expert on every team and all prospects but the discussion here is on a specific topic.
If you’re so hellbent on trolling Canuck fans do it on their board and quit wasting everyone else’s damn time.

• Haha
Reactions: McJedi

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
You say this as if it isn't a major virtue for execs to be able to move on from their own projects. This is a great move, a potentially franchise altering move depending on what else gets done here. They have done nothing but excellent things so far this offseason.
Speaking of Franchise altering moves:

All of the ACL revisionists suffer from the same point,

Mikyehev was never worth 4.75M for 4 years.

Damn that Jim Benning for signing this contact and then needing to give up a 2nd and take a dead cap hit to get rid of it.

Oh wait, wrong Jim.

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
As a Hawks fan, we are hoping it isn't a high 4th round pick by the 2027 draft. If it is that high, we are doing something big time wrong.
You still have a LOT of work to do, I wouldn't expect too much in next couple of years, and I have nothing against the Hawks. Your last dynasty had a TON of great pieces, in nets, on D, and forwards that complemented Toews and Kane. Right now you have Bedard and nothing much else, TBH. Korchinski, Reichel, Nazar and Moore are not guaranteed to be those missing pieces. It will take time.

• Haha
Reactions: dj Mahoney

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I’d bet a majority of people on this thread don’t give f*** who you enjoy watching. This is about the Hawk-Canuck trade.
I know (from your 100’s of post that you pretend to be an expert on every team and all prospects but the discussion here is on a specific topic.
If you’re so hellbent on trolling Canuck fans do it on their board and quit wasting everyone else’s damn time.
Nice meltdown chief.

I said I liked this trade for Vancouver. Dumped an overpaid bad fit player for cap space at a moment where Vancouver should be attractive to UFAs and/or resigning guys like Boeser.

Chicago got a decent pick for a guy that will have a bigger role there. Works ok for them too.

The win win.

F the Oilers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad