Trade: [Chi-Sea] EDGE Darrell Taylor for 2025 6th round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
He was unlikely to survive the cut to 53 from the look of it, sack totals or no. Macdonald has been working to shape that defense to his liking and evidently Taylor didn't have a place in SEA.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He was unlikely to survive the cut to 53 from the look of it, sack totals or no. lMacdonald has been working to shape that defense to his liking and evidently Taylor didn't have a place in SEA.
I was surprised when they signed him back. Coats Sea $20k in cap to get that 6th round pick for what should have been a free agent they lost. $3.1 mill cap charge.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Didn't see anything not to like about him yesterday

Was the best Bear at getting pressure on QB and seemed to be flying around all over the place
He's a rotational Edge guy who is best on passing downs. Not good in terms of setting the edge on early downs. From my time watching him as I get the Hawks games being in the PNW. For a 6th round pick, deal was fine. I was surprised to see he re-signed with SEA but for just $20K guaranteed? Figured, he'd move on.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
He's a rotational Edge guy who is best on passing downs. Not good in terms of setting the edge on early downs. From my time watching him as I get the Hawks games being in the PNW. For a 6th round pick, deal was fine. I was surprised to see he re-signed with SEA but for just $20K guaranteed? Figured, he'd move on.
According to himself, he never got comfortable in the 3-4 system (and so obviously also wasn't going to be comfortable in Macdonald's much more complicated defensive scheme), so it will be interesting to see if he plays better in a scheme that is either pin-your-ears-back or set-the-edge.

Unrelated, I just now realized that Mike Macdonald doesn't spell his last name with a capital D, and I'm mildly perturbed.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
According to himself, he never got comfortable in the 3-4 system (and so obviously also wasn't going to be comfortable in Macdonald's much more complicated defensive scheme), so it will be interesting to see if he plays better in a scheme that is either pin-your-ears-back or set-the-edge.

Unrelated, I just now realized that Mike Macdonald doesn't spell his last name with a capital D, and I'm mildly perturbed.
But, then he shouldn't have signed back with the team. He was drafted into Norton's 4-3 scheme. Missed his rookie deal due to injury. played 1 year under Norton. Hurtt changed it to a 3-4 for which he played under for 2 seasons, which Macdonald also uses. So, if he wasn't comfortable in a 3/4, he should have signed elsewhere vs return to SEA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad