Proposal: CHI-PIT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pens2thecup871

Feb 19, 2015
To PIT: Dominik Kubalik
To CHI: Kasperi Kapanen

Both are young forwards with upside with slumping seasons who could benefit with a change of scenery. Hextall and Burke mentioned that they would most likely only be able to do a player for player trade since they are up against the cap and do not want to give up futures.

Chicago fans, what do you think?

Reactions: BillPrep

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Me personally I would extend Kubalik without a hesitation. But my guess is they’ll look to move him out due to his qualifying offer. So this is a yes for me as a hawks fan. I like kap also.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Me personally I would extend Kubalik without a hesitation. But my guess is they’ll look to move him out due to his qualifying offer. So this is a yes for me as a hawks fan. I like kap also.

There's a reason they are willing to trade Kapanen. He has been a major disappointment this season. I'd want a pick or a prospect for Kubalik if I were running the Hawks.

Reactions: Pertti

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
There's a reason they are willing to trade Kapanen. He has been a major disappointment this season. I'd want a pick or a prospect for Kubalik if I were running the Hawks.

I don't know why you're saying this about Kapanen as if it doesn't exactly fit Kubalik too.

It's a fair trade straight up and I'd go for it. One young reclamation project for another young reclamation project.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
That’s usually how trades go about. Let’s face it both have been disappointing this year.
Personally I’d rather keep kubs

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
I don't know why you're saying this about Kapanen as if it doesn't exactly fit Kubalik too.

It's a fair trade straight up and I'd go for it. One young reclamation project for another young reclamation project.

I don't think I compared the seasons of Kublik and Kapanen at all. What I'm saying is if I am in charge of the Hawks, I don't want Kapanen. I'll take the draft pick or a prospect if I am going trade Kubalik. I've seen enough over the years from Kapanen to doubt that he ever puts it all together.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Lol kapanen is out producing kubalik this year. Should probably look at both players stays before popping off on adds from either team.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
He did in Toronto and was phenomenal at it, he doesn't in Pittsburgh for seemingly no reason though.

That’s what I was thinking. I loved him as a PKer because of his speed and underrated two-way game. Kubalik has more upside IMO but Kapanen could end up the more useful player if that makes sense. Solid deal for both sides.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Pitt says NO. Not casue its unfair value wise but the pens will be lookikg for something else. Ducks have been scouting pitt

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Lol kapanen is out producing kubalik this year. Should probably look at both players stays before popping off on adds from either team.

What are you talking about? I'm not comparing them at all. Seems like a couple Pens fan here can't accept that someone wouldn't want the player they want to trade. For where the Hawks are in their rebuild, if I were running the Hawks I'd prefer the prospect or the draft pick rather than the 25-year player that seems to be regressing. And being a Leafs fan and owner of Kapanen on a dynasty team for over 5 years, I am very familiar with Kapanen's game.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
The irony in you saying that about Kapanen but not realizing both have had their luck dry out this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad