Proposal: Chi - Pit (Blockbuster)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Also, you guys that love to say "GENERATIONAL PLAYERS," how many "GENERATIONAL PLAYERS" do you figure are in the league. More than one sort of cheapens the term, eh?

Crosby
Malkin
Ovechkin
McDavid - shaping up to be

4. There are 4.

Kane is not one of them.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Come on now :help:

He's been PPG the last 4 straight seasons, and 6 out of the last 7. And if you want to talk about his shortened seasons, then let's remember who we are comparing him to.

Doesn't matter, you're still forgetting the major point of centers being much more valuable than wingers. 1C's do not get traded for 1W's. Look at what Taylor Hall just returned. Look at RyJo returned.

Centers >>> Wings. Penguins will keep Malkin. Chicago can keep Kane.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
You just proved to yourself that this term is overused even by your standards.

So is there a set rule on how many generational talents can be in the league at one time?

If so, please indicate your source and evidence as such.

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
So is there a set rule on how many generational talents can be in the league at one time?

If so, please indicate your source and evidence as such.

Just seems like a strange word to use if 4 players meet the criteria for one time period.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Someone posted Toews + Panarin for Malkin + Pouliot, it is not fair value. Hypothetically, Malkin + Määttä for Toews + Hjalmarsson is more likely to happen.

But neither does this and I wouldn't either. Just trying to get the right value.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Just seems like a strange word to use if 4 players meet the criteria for one time period.

Okay, so what is the criteria? How many are allowed in "one time period".

What are the time periods? When does this one end and the next one begin?

What's the criteria we judge the talents on?

Moorpheus*

|GERMAN/IDEALISM\
Apr 14, 2015
Also, you guys that love to say "GENERATIONAL PLAYERS," how many "GENERATIONAL PLAYERS" do you figure are in the league. More than one sort of cheapens the term, eh?

Gretzky
Lemieux
Jagr

People who could be thrown into consideration:
Messier
Coffee
Bourque
Roy
Brodeur
Hasek

So there can be 3+ that are obviously in that category with ease.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If by "much better" you mean "not as good" then you are right!

Toews > Malkin all day.

Errrr but #points, right?

Malkin made Chris Kunitz, Eric Fehr, and rookie Bryan Rust relevant Top 6 wings all the way through the Cup finals.

Toews was absolutely irrelevant in the playoffs. And makes $1mil more for significantly longer.

So...no...Toews is not > Malkin. This day, or any day.

Penguins keep Malkin, Chicago can keep their guys.

Brent Burns Beard