Proposal: Chi-Ott

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
With only a little over day left until draft might as well run in some final proposals involving picks

To :sens
LW/RW Alex Debrincat

To :hawks
C Shane Pinto
LW Egor Sokolov
D Jacob Bernard-Docker
G Matt Murray
Senators 2022 1st round pick (7th overall)

Hawks land high 1st round pick in this year's draft, A good young C prospect in Pinto who will be ready at start of season after shoulder surgery last year, a scoring winger prospect who also appears ready for NHL role after great year in AHL and taste of NHL last year and a SAH RD prospect in Bernard-Docker who like Sokolov got taste of NHL and played well in minors. Murray is cap dump but Hawks have no NHL goalie on roster so they can let him play if healthy and not have any issue especially as they are rebuilding

Sens add a premier stud young goal scoring winger to an already talented young rising roster while not giving up any of their young NHL roster talent and still retaining most of their top prospects (Sanderson, Boucher, Grieg and Thomson) so pipeline remains very well promising and packed for them on top of it Hawks take on Murray deal

Heavy price to pay and Ottawa isn't a team known or expected to make this type of splash but with young NHL talent on roster, good prospect pool and a team that showed improvement last year adding Debrincat to mix is exactly type of move that could very well propel Sens back into playoffs and eventual contention (I don't see Debrincat not signing long-term deal to play with the talent in Ottawa going forward)

For Hawks they give up young star but get a windfall of young talent + 7th overall for this rebuilding effort as Davidson moves to rebuild, he desires

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
For starters, the price is too high and Ottawa can not afford to pay AD $8M+/year

franste Perreault

Dec 2, 2021
With only a little over day left until draft might as well run in some final proposals involving picks

To :sens
LW/RW Alex Debrincat

To :hawks
C Shane Pinto
LW Egor Sokolov
D Jacob Bernard-Docker
G Matt Murray
Senators 2022 1st round pick (7th overall)

Hawks land high 1st round pick in this year's draft, A good young C prospect in Pinto who will be ready at start of season after shoulder surgery last year, a scoring winger prospect who also appears ready for NHL role after great year in AHL and taste of NHL last year and a SAH RD prospect in Bernard-Docker who like Sokolov got taste of NHL and played well in minors. Murray is cap dump but Hawks have no NHL goalie on roster so they can let him play if healthy and not have any issue especially as they are rebuilding

Sens add a premier stud young goal scoring winger to an already talented young rising roster while not giving up any of their young NHL roster talent and still retaining most of their top prospects (Sanderson, Boucher, Grieg and Thomson) so pipeline remains very well promising and packed for them on top of it Hawks take on Murray deal

Heavy price to pay and Ottawa isn't a team known or expected to make this type of splash but with young NHL talent on roster, good prospect pool and a team that showed improvement last year adding Debrincat to mix is exactly type of move that could very well propel Sens back into playoffs and eventual contention (I don't see Debrincat not signing long-term deal to play with the talent in Ottawa going forward)

For Hawks they give up young star but get a windfall of young talent + 7th overall for this rebuilding effort as Davidson moves to rebuild, he desires
If I was Chicago GM my target for Debrincar is Sanderson

Reactions: McJedi

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
A Chicago and Ottawa fan both don't like it so that says the deal is pretty close. I thought it was too much from Ottawa until you get to the full freight on Murray. Always thought 7OA and Pinto for Debrincat was fair for both teams.
It's not even remotely close.

A single 1st round pick?? They've literally already turned down an offer that was two 1sts for the record. And 7th overall is weak for DeBrincat when they should be looking at a top 5 pick.

Sokolov and Bernard Docker are nothing pieces.

Shane Pinto has proven nothing at the NHL level.

And on top of that, we're bailing them out of Murrary?

Get real.

King Karl

five-year run of unparalleled suffering
Mar 18, 2014
Halifax, NS

A single 1st round pick?? They've literally already turned down an offer that was two 1sts for the record. And 7th overall is weak for DeBrincat when they should be looking at a top 5 pick.

Get real.
You clearly haven't done much research on our prospects - I would absolutely not make this move from an Ottawa standpoint.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

Get real.
Keep him then. 7th ov and Pinto are prime pieces. I'd rather not trade pinto period. Sokolov is a secondary piece, but still an asset.

Debrincat would have to be signed for us to pay that.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013

Get real.

It's almost like all 1st round picks aren't equal in value. You scoff at pick 7 but pick 5 is fine in a draft year where there is little consensus??? Perhaps the two 1sts they were reportedly offered were mid-late 1sts or heavily protected '23 1sts. A top 10 pick or multiple mid-late 1st's + good prospect or two is about the what Hawks can realistically expect. To suggest it's not even remotely close is laughable

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)

Get real.
Pinto is the key and you are way undervaluing him. Are you one of the delusional Hawks fans that think Debrincat will return the 2OA, Mercer, and Holtz?

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
as much as i dont want to trade pinto this would really depend on debrincat's extension. This seems like too much from ottawa's pov but personally i would take the risk and bite the bullet if sens got a good extension out of it

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
A Chicago and Ottawa fan both don't like it so that says the deal is pretty close. I thought it was too much from Ottawa until you get to the full freight on Murray. Always thought 7OA and Pinto for Debrincat was fair for both teams.
I’m neither…it’s bad for Ottawa

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010

Get real.

Tell me you don't know anything about Ottawa's prospects without telling me you know nothing about Ottawa's prospects.

Sens hang up on this one.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Wouldn’t trade either the 7th or Pinto for Debrincat, absolutely not both +.

He doesn’t work for the Sens, they can’t be giving out a contract that Debrincat is going to look for.

franste Perreault

Dec 2, 2021
LOL...no chance
Well thats just never going to happen. Prospects like Sanderson just don't get traded.
Note a guy like Debrincat at his age and as good he is are normally never get traded at this moment. All depend of team need and aspirations
For Ottawa it's clear they want to make playoffs
For Chicago Gets the better prospect in exchange and have a chance for Bedard.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Note a guy like Debrincat at his age and as good he is are normally never get traded at this moment. All depend of team need and aspirations
For Ottawa it's clear they want to make playoffs
For Chicago Gets the better prospect in exchange and have a chance for Bedard.

Guys don't normally get traded before they are set to get a massive contract? Seems like the kind of guy who gets traded quite a lot.

Chicago isn't going to pay him, so someone has to. Yes Chicago will get a nice package, but they don't have a long list of people able to pay Debrincat and give up good assets for him. Chicago's hands are kind of tied here, if they aren't going to pay him themselves, and it seems like they won't.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Too much from Ottawa imo. 7th and Pinto is a crazy good package for someone who likely bolts after next season, and won't have Patrick Kane playing next to him.

Reactions: Wondercarrot

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
If I was Chicago GM my target for Debrincar is Sanderson

Then you’d be waiting until the earth is a burnt out cinder…I mean I get why you’d target him but there is simply zero chance they’d trade Sanderson.

Get real.

Jesus. If you don’t know anything about these guys feel free just to say that lol

• Haha
Reactions: dumbdick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad