Cheapest Readily Available Ticket to NHL Games in Prague: € 160

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Yeah they are raking people over the coals in Prague for these games. Far too expensive for the average person to attend so the stadium will be full of rich people, corporate types who got free tickets and wealthy tourists traveling from other countries to see the game. Sucks.

Its simple microeconomics. Demand has to be there to satisfy the cost of supply. The NHL isnt going there to grow the game, the NHL is going there to make money. Those tickets will sell out regardless. The average person cant afford to go to an NHL game in most locations. Tickets in places like Toronto are even worse.

Does it suck? Yep. Do I feel for local fans? Sure do.

As long as they are honest and up front about that, which they won't be.

Reactions: DaveG and Faterson

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Out of touch rich guy alert.
Nope, there are plenty of events I can’t afford to go to, don’t go to, but I’m not wailing online about it. That anyone feels like special events like this should be affordable or even cheap by comparison to other special events, is simply out of touch with reality IMO.

KeydGV21

Jul 25, 2006
What jerks!

I hope the arena is half-empty at most.

Keep your overpriced games in North America, don't bother to drag your asses over here.
How much would round trip flights be if someone in Europe had to fly to North America to watch an NHL game?

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
sounds good to me. i hate these overseas games.

you think i want to watch my team play at 1pm and 10am? :shakehead
You think we like watching them play at 3 am? Suck it up!

I'm sorry you're so poor that $180 feels like a million dollars to you.

Name/avatar checks out

Imagine calling someone a capitalist like it's an insult.
Of course it is. For capitalists, workers' blood sweat and tears are as valuable as a new building. It's all capital.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think there are some people in this thread who would go to a grocery store in like Bulgaria, see everything is very cheap compared to their own country, and come to the conclusion that everyone living there must be very well off if they're paying this little for groceries.

I just realized that I described Tucker Carlson's trip to Moscow there.

Last edited:

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
And the NHL still has to cover the cost of salaries, travel expenses, arenas fees, etc. Doesnt matter what the local average salary is. The NHL still has to make money for this to be worth it. Cost is in line for that.
Not too many years ago the tickes were not this expensive. I am very sure costs have not gone up as much to excuse the ticket prices.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Just showed you a link with thousands litteraly starving to death. Does the lesser number really make the system better?
Yes, unequivocally. Any system is going to have bad outcomes for some of it's citizens. Especially among people over 85, which is the where the overwhelming majority of deaths from malnutrition come from in the US.

Deaths from starvation among young, healthy people is really not a common thing in this country. It's just not a common outcome in free market societies.

Whats worse is that this is happening now with modern science and in a democracy. While the ones you are talking about were during crazy dictatorships (though funnily enough people like you never mention capitalist dictatorships like Pinochet andErdogan).

Or fail to realize that some of the biggest human rights violations in nations like China and African countries are due to capitalism.

But go on about people starving to death in the 1940s.
All dictatorships are bad. And history shows they tend to emerge much more often in collectivist economic systems.

This "whataboutism" is really silly. No system is perfect, but capitalism has pulled more people out of poverty than any other system known to man. While the alternative gave us dictators like Mao, Stalin, and Pol Pot...

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Of course it is. If regular hockey fans can't afford it, it's overpriced. Tourists from countries with quadruple incomes, and local fat cats, too, can go f*** themselves.
(1) It's Prague, not some village in deepest Moravia. It's not as poor as you make it sound.
(2) It's a showcase event that is aimed at the entire region. It's not like they're doing games everywhere in Europe all the time. It's entirely to be expected that visitors from out of town and even other countries go to these games. In fact, that's probably what the organizers want to happen because those visitors will also spend money in Prague in hotels, restaurants etc.
(3) These games do not happen as some sort of public service. If this was a non-profit thing these games in Europe would never ever happen to begin with. It's a North American league and the only reason it's at all accessible to Europeans is that Europeans are potential customers of NHL products.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad