Proposal: Chaz Lucius for Justin Barron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
What can be hard to figure out is whether teams aren't giving chances because coaches prefer veterans.... or because the kids just aren't that good.
I think coaches defer to vets, bowman has a history of that. Perfetti was looking good in regular season, but, then lost spot to Toffoli in a decision most of us don’t understand.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I think coaches defer to vets, bowman has a history of that. Perfetti was looking good in regular season, but, then lost spot to Toffoli in a decision most of us don’t understand.
As a general rule, I like to look back and reconsider years later. If a bunch of kids who never did much of anything were getting little ice time, I figure coaches knew what they had. If kids aren't getting chances, and then wildly succeed once traded, that tells me the coaches missed something.

Of course, none of this helps us right now to know who is likely to be moved for who.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
As a general rule, I like to look back and reconsider years later. If a bunch of kids who never did much of anything were getting little ice time, I figure coaches knew what they had. If kids aren't getting chances, and then wildly succeed once traded, that tells me the coaches missed something.

Of course, none of this helps us right now to know who is likely to be moved for who.
I mean Kov never got a chance on the Jets and he did great when you guys picked him up off waivers. Chisholm has done pretty well in Minnesota all because jets coaches keep deferring to Stanley. So chances of jets coaches making bad line up decisions.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I mean Kov never got a chance on the Jets and he did great when you guys picked him up off waivers. Chisholm has done pretty well in Minnesota all because jets coaches keep deferring to Stanley. So chances of jets coaches making bad line up decisions.
I like Kovasevic and all, but he isn't exactly a game-breaker. He's useful NHL-level depth, but just doesn't have the upside of the guys we are proposing to Winnipeg. On a good team, Kovasevic is a healthy scratch more often than not.

A forward equivalent to Kovasevic isn't what we're hoping to trade for...

Reactions: TS Quint

Ledge And Dairy

Better hitter: one average 2.9hits/game and the other 1.9hits/game. Not even close

Better fighter: lol

Better shoot: one recorded a 99.76mph in game shoot who put hjm in the 99% percentile and a 107.2mph during skill comp. What Stanley did?

Better skater: everyone can see it pretty easily

Better offence: 0.24pts/g vs 0.16pts/g

Meaner: one have been critized to be too aggressive while the other it's exacly the opposite

What are your argument again those facts?
Since neither player has a particularly big sample size from this season, Here is them compared over the last 2 years. Stanley due to a much deeper blue line and Xhekaj due to still working his way into the league.

WiFi hits more but that is more likely due to the night and day difference in possession rate between the 2 teams. Their Major's per 60 is roughly the same so both fight fairly often.

According to NHL/Edge Stanley's hardest recorded shot is 99.57mph, and Xhekaj's is 102.23mph. Both averaged around 90mph.

Both players recorded top speed are around 21.5mph, which is below league average for top speeds.

Meaner is all subjective. For example Zadorov lays some of the biggest hits in the league but he pretty much never drops the gloves with anyone. Being too aggressive can easily mean you just do stupid things all the time

Reactions: dgibb10

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Hutson will play in the AHL, because as mentionne Kent Hughes will manage his assets in a way where, if he can't trade them, he'll keep them

And Jets are likely losing 3 dman to UFA, with zero depth in the AHL and no cap space. So yah they'll be playin 2-3 AHLEr / terrible dman unless they move.

Therefore they deal from a position of weakness and will likely overpay for said help
Hutson doesn't sniff the AHL lmao

Is t Hutson your 4th best d prospect behind mailloux, reinbacher, and Ghule and if our best prospect isn’t good enough for your 4th best D prospect I can’t really see there being a match.
Hutson is our best prospect right now, and Guhle is an established top 4 dman.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Hutson doesn't sniff the AHL lmao

Hutson is our best prospect right now, and Guhle is an established top 4 dman.
Again, why?
Why rush him to the NHL when we have tons of other options? Let him develop in the AHL one year, trade your surplus of D during the year, gain assets, and bring hik ip for 2025-2026 when we are ready to be actual contenders.

Guhle
Savard
Matheson
Xhekaj
Harris
Barron
Kovacevic

In the NHL as they need to go through waivers and we dont want to lose food assets for nothing

Hutson Reinbacher Engstom Maillous Struble Trudeau in the AHL to develop

And in 2025 when Savard, Kova, and likelly Harris are gone for picks, you promote them

Thata good assets management.

Reactions: pth2

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Again, why?
Why rush him to the NHL when we have tons of other options? Let him develop in the AHL one year, trade your surplus of D during the year, gain assets, and bring hik ip for 2025-2026 when we are ready to be actual contenders.

Guhle
Savard
Matheson
Xhekaj
Harris
Barron
Kovacevic

In the NHL as they need to go through waivers and we dont want to lose food assets for nothing

And in 2025 when Savard, Kova, and likelly Harris are gone for picks, you promote them

Because he's good enough for the NHL, we kept Savard for a reason, and he'd be headhunted by the "late in French"s that inhabit that league

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Again, why?

Guhle
Savard
Matheson
Xhekaj
Harris
Barron
Kovacevic

Wonder how players who know they are ready for the nhl, therefore are having their earnings suppressed feel about the slow approach. Just to keep an asset that might get Hughes a late 2nd. As I am not seeing anyone paying a 1st or equivalent for kov.
I know our prospects must hate it when we do it playing Stanley in front of ppl because of sunk cost.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Because he's good enough for the NHL, we kept Savard for a reason, and he'd be headhunted by the "late in French"s that inhabit that league
Good enough or not, if we end up not getting a 2nd ord 3rd for Kovacevic and we need to wait until the TDL.or.lose.him for free, you send the non-waiver player to the AHL.

NHL is a business and they manage it that way. Losing a player for nothing when you had the choice not too is a terrible decision and Hughes showed with Primeau this year he'd rather wait until he gets what he wants than lose an asset for free

Reactions: viceroy and pth2

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Good enough or not, if we end up not getting a 2nd ord 3rd for Kovacevic and we need to wait until the TDL.or.lose.him for free, you send the non-waiver player to the AHL.

NHL is a business and they manage it that way. Losing a player for nothing when you had the choice not too is a terrible decision and Hughes showed with Primeau this year he'd rather wait until he gets what he wants than lose an asset for free
It is a business and top players are seeing they are kept in the A where they are getting paid less in present and that their bargaining position will be weaker in the future. To keep a player the team won’t get much for. Won’t help the team when negotiating and players have choices.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Wonder how players who know they are ready for the nhl, therefore are having their earnings suppressed feel about the slow approach. Just to keep an asset that might get Hughes a late 2nd. As I am not seeing anyone paying a 1st or equivalent for kov.
I know our prospects must hate it when we do it playing Stanley in front of ppl because of sunk cost.
Nothing wrong with having Hutson, Reinbacher and Mailloux play in the AHL next season. That would be good for their development, getting top minutes and an opportunity to develop chemistry with each other. I fully expect that may happen, with these young guns getting spot duty over the course of the year. Habs are rebuilding and that's the proper way to do it.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Nothing wrong with having Hutson, Reinbacher and Mailloux play in the AHL next season. That would be good for their development, getting top minutes and an opportunity to develop chemistry with each other. I fully expect that may happen, with these young guns getting spot duty over the course of the year. Habs are rebuilding and that's the proper way to do it.
Hopefully they agree and they are more focused on the team rebuilding than getting paid.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Hopefully they agree and they are more focused on the team rebuilding than getting paid.
They won't have a choice. The Habs decide their development path. The player can force the issue by playing well and demonstrating they deserve a shot.

As it is, Hutson and Reinbacher should start in the AHL. Mailloux should also despite a good year last year. It won't hurt their development.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
1. Not a Jets fan
2. What exactly does Wifi do better than Stanley?
3. Jets are up against the cap? They have 13.35M to sign/promote 5-6 players, they can easily afford Perfetti.

LMAO you make no sense at all. You mention how their issue is covering East-West play but then suggest they trade a young power forward who put up 1.44ppg in the NCAA for a defenseman that can't defend East-West play?
The Habs are not the only team in the league with defensemen on the market, and they are far from having any of the top ones too. You can't just extort a teams top prospects for your trash
There's a few of our team posters who overrate their own prospects and underrate others, it happens on every team 😅

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
They won't have a choice. The Habs decide their development path. The player can force the issue by playing well and demonstrating they deserve a shot.

As it is, Hutson and Reinbacher should start in the AHL. Mailloux should also despite a good year last year. It won't hurt their development.
They don’t have a say now, but, i personally think players remember that kind of thing come ufa years.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
They don’t have a say now, but, i personally think players remember that kind of thing come ufa years.
I think it depends on how well they've progressed. The better players have some measure of self-awareness, and realize when going from one level to the next gave them time to work on their game and improve their weakers spots. Hutson, in 2 NHL games, already showed he has NHL talent... but also that he's going to need to get used to defending against even bigger guys than before.

Ledge And Dairy

I think that your proposal is interesting. As a fan of another team, what would you put Barron's value at? (if you're familiar with him).
4th or 5th. He's not playing in the NHL and has to pass through waivers next season to be sent down. If Montreal opts to keep him up over more deserving players like Reinbacher or Mailloux they may end up with a Jiricek situation. The difference with Jiricek though is all the guys who were blocking him should be playing in the NHL. I just don't view holding out for a late round pick as more valuable than giving the guys who deserve the spot a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad