Proposal: Chaz Lucius for Justin Barron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I imagine that jets would be willing to trade Iafallo who was on our pp, our pk,as well time in our top 6 because he was so good at puck retrieval even though he will never be a big point producer.
I imagine the Jets would be interested in dumping Iafallo because he was terrible and overpaid.

Habs have zero interest.

LOL.

Hutson has looked great in college no doubt. Lambert, McGroarty, Salamonsson are all equal or better prospects.
He looked good in this 2 x games with the Habs to close the season as well. And in the WJHC where he led the gold medal Team USA in ice time. Hard to compare him to the Jets prospects listed above. Need to give it at least a full season in the NHL to make a determination.

Reactions: TS Quint

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I imagine the Jets would be interested in dumping Iafallo because he was terrible and overpaid.

Habs have zero interest.

He looked good in this 2 x games with the Habs to close the season as well. And in the WJHC where he led the gold medal Team USA in ice time. Hard to compare him to the Jets prospects listed above. Need to give it at least a full season in the NHL to make a determination.
I think Hutson is a great prospect. I have opined that many teams will rue not picking him with an earlier 2nd rounder.

Lambert looked really good in his one NHL game. Does not really mean much.

Not sure a Dman leading his junior team in icetime is that much of a shock. McGroarty came back from a bad injury and had a good tournament too.

Salomonsson has been fantastic in the Swedish league lost world juniors.

All are very good prospects.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I think Hutson is a great prospect. I have opined that many teams will rue not picking him with an earlier 2nd rounder.

Lambert looked really good in his one NHL game. Does not really mean much.

Not sure a Dman leading his junior team in icetime is that much of a shock. McGroarty came back from a bad injury and had a good tournament too.

Salomonsson has been fantastic in the Swedish league lost world juniors.

All are very good prospects.
Lambert is interesting to me. When i watched him play last year he was a very low IQ player. Skates himself into trouble. This season, looks like he turned the corner. Haven't seen him play any games. Interested to know if he has improved from a IQ perspective.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Wasn't Perfetti a healthy scratch during the playoffs? Weird move, and he's RFA...
Our coach made some questionable decisions during the playoffs. Perfetti has looked great when playing in a T6 role. Even when playing in a B6 role with plugs he was producing.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Why should we give up value for a guy soon hitting the waivers? Looking forward to see Habs working the waivers..

Reactions: TS Quint

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I don't see Barron having much value or future on the Habs so sure why not. Like I don't hate the kid and he's had his moments here and there but there's just too many young defensemen on the system looking to fetch a spot on the NHL roster and there's too many flaws in Barron's game to make me confident in him being the guy to take one of those spots.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Any suggestions to trade for a 30 year old is laughable at the very least. Try not making yourself look like a fool.

Barron has value as NHL defenseman, not some prospect that may, or may not make it. It's the onslaught of Habs better players that is forcing him out. That doesn't mean that you will get him for some 30 year old or B prospect.

As for Hutson, Rein, X, Mailman, none of them are available and if you think they are, you need to pay big.

Who is available is Struble, Harris, Barron. All already play in the NHL and range in top 6 value. That is a vast difference from prospects that you think may make it...and wont.

Why should we give up value for a guy soon hitting the waivers? Looking forward to see Habs working the waivers..
Then move along...

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think this draft is closer than Barron for Perfetti, so getting closer.
What bout xhek or Hutson for Chaz?
A big tough D to replace Dillion in exchange for a prospect that has top 6 potential and was picked in last 3 years.
Stop the comedy act. X or Hutson will cost you Perfetti.

Hutsons two NHL games are an indication, in a year he may cost far more then a second liner...

Don't like it? Move along...

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Pot meet kettle
You got to fix that defense there you. A good young physical Dman like Wifi going to be expensive. Jets up against cap Perfetti get big raise. He's was on ELC.

I doubt Montreal does this trade thou. Young physical D hard to find while a second line forward easier to find.

Jets gave up most east-west and screened shots in playoffs. Your goalie never had much of a chance. Sakic it was piece of cake to him. All teams will know now. No sense giving big increases to star players and leaving your defense porous.

Reactions: HabsAddict

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You got to fix that defense there you. A good young physical Dman like Wifi going to be expensive. Jets up against cap Perfetti get big raise. He's was on ELC.
I doubt Montreal does this trade thou. Young physical D hard to find while a second line forward easier to find.

Jets gave up most east-west and screened shots in playoffs. Your goalie never had much of a chance. Sakic it was piece of cake to him. All teams will know now. No sense giving big increases to star players and leaving your defense porous.
Don't you love it when fans that don't have any good young defenseman in their system all of a sudden get this desire to trade their B prospects for our defenseman.

"But...but...you got too many. Please share." :laugh:

Ledge And Dairy

1. Not a Jets fan
2. What exactly does Wifi do better than Stanley?
3. Jets are up against the cap? They have 13.35M to sign/promote 5-6 players, they can easily afford Perfetti.

LMAO you make no sense at all. You mention how their issue is covering East-West play but then suggest they trade a young power forward who put up 1.44ppg in the NCAA for a defenseman that can't defend East-West play?
The Habs are not the only team in the league with defensemen on the market, and they are far from having any of the top ones too. You can't just extort a teams top prospects for your trash

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Barron won't hit the waivers lol.

Matheson -
Guhle
Harris
Kovacebic
Matheson
Barron
Xhekaj

Struble Hutson Reinbacher Mailloux in the AHL as they dont need to hit waivers

Hughes will aend his other dman down before losing one for nothing. He showed last year with Primeau that he won't lose an asset for free

When Winnipeg will look stupid with 3AHL dman on their roster, they can come crawling back from a position of weakness rhen.

Reactions: HabsAddict

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
1. Not a Jets fan
2. What exactly does Wifi do better than Stanley?
3. Jets are up against the cap? They have 13.35M to sign/promote 5-6 players, they can easily afford Perfetti.

LMAO you make no sense at all. You mention how their issue is covering East-West play but then suggest they trade a young power forward who put up 1.44ppg in the NCAA for a defenseman that can't defend East-West play?
The Habs are not the only team in the league with defensemen on the market, and they are far from having any of the top ones too. You can't just extort a teams top prospects for your trash
Better hitter, better fighter, better shoot, better skater, better offence, meaner, younger

Reactions: viceroy

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
It's unlikely that Barron will be put on waivers. The Habs carried 3 goalies until the trade deadline last season rather than place Primeau on waivers. They will probably carry 8 defensemen this season rather than lose Barron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad