ChatGPT ranks the 2010-2020 drafts

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Wait until it decides over your employment and insurances.

It already is, in some cases at least.

The job I had in 2013 was testing software that filtered out applicants based on arbitrary personality tests..... and that was a music store (instruments). They relied on it for applicants shortly after. They also just went out of business. Good riddance.

Anyways, just looking at the first draft, Brett Connolly should be way higher than a lot of those guys. It's actually insane that it has him that low. Hard to take it seriously with that kind of weird pick. He has 5x more goals than Beau Bennett, 2x more assists, and 2.5x games. He was a solid player. Bennett never cracked 20 points in a season and is ranked 17.

JelloPuddyPops

"Gotta support the team."
Oct 9, 2018
Pacific Northwest
Hahaha... Kole Lind #27 and no Hischier.

Yeah, I think we are safe from SkyNet for a while.

Okaayyy, ChatGPT, time to put down the bottle of ripple. Now create us a picture of humans with seven fingers on each hand.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
When will people understand that so-called AI can’t actually think in any capacity, and can do nothing more than imitate human language? You might as well ask a parrot.

This. A.I is basically "pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" level

Reactions: Faterson

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
Soulless computer included comments about Rodion Amirov, good that John Connor put an end to this madness.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Glad to see Ty Smilanic is now a 1st rounder in a redraft. We were just about to release his rights, but maybe we should offer him max ELC instead.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
When will people understand that so-called AI can’t actually think in any capacity, and can do nothing more than imitate human language? You might as well ask a parrot.
You're sort of selling it short. It's akin to google except it can generate answers to questions that people might not have answered before, and can at least point you in the right direction.

Also, it's far superior to humans in complex mechanical problems, especially ones that can trick the human brain's assumptions.

Something like ChatGPT generates its answers by using random noise, which means that its answer to the same question is probably different every single time. And yeah, it's not as useful for specialized purposes, because it's very general and censored.

Take these draft rankings, for example. They're not great. But what if you had created a model specifically to rank NHL players? It would likely perform far better.

Last edited:

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Huh, tried the same experiment but it just keeps asking me where I’d place John Conner. Is that a prospect or somethin?

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
You're sort of selling it short. It's akin to google except it can generate answers to questions that people might not have answered before, and can at least point you in the right direction.

Also, it's far superior to humans in complex mechanical problems, especially ones that can trick the human brain's assumptions.

Something like ChatGPT generates its answers by using random noise, which means that its answer to the same question is probably different every single time. And yeah, it's not as useful for specialized purposes, because it's very general and censored.

Take these draft rankings, for example. They're not great. But what if you had created a model specifically to rank NHL players? It would likely perform far better.
I highly doubt that. It constantly struggles with computing mathematical expressions correctly (even the most trivial ones) and rarely provides valuable insight into the implementation of source code for computer programs. Both of these are very formal and mechanical tasks.

It's an LLM, not true AI. The only thing it's good for is semantic analysis and text generation, and is more advanced at these tasks than most humans.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Complaining about ChatGPT's inability to do rankings on hockey players is like trying to screw a nail with a saw and then complaining about the results.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad