OT: Charlotte Isles Fans

isle 24

Dec 17, 2006
NC
I am living in Charlotte and have been a die hard Islander fan since day 1 (Yea I am old) I am wondering if there are any other Islander fans in the city? I do not get the NHL network so I will be at a local bar (probably Fitzgerald's)watching. Just looking for some Isle fans to watch the games with me and my wife.

Abradolf Lincler

Emancipating your inferior genes
Nov 16, 2011
NC
I live in Charlotte and I'm down to go watch the games, it's always fun to watch w some fellow fans. I know there are a few people in the Huntersville area that get together and watch games from time to time. Maybe we can work some sort of get together for the playoffs? Shoot me a PM and let me know.

RealSturat

Jan 30, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
It's looks freakin awesome, can't wait to check it out soon! :yo:

The POV looks super fast! Nice and smooth too. We were planning to stop there on the way to Disney in June, but since my kids can't make it more that 1/2 an hour in a car without fighting, we are flying instead of driving.

Definitely a stop next year. We all have Cedar Fair Platinum Passes (via Cedar Point) so if we make it down at least we get in a park for free. :)

Let me know how it is. :yo:

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
I'm in Raleigh, and I think there's a poster here named Beach who is also in Raleigh.

Beach and I both grew up in Bethpage.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Yes, I do live in Raleigh, and I'm from Bethpage. Good memory Wentworth!!

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
Just as I suspected, it's easier to find a group of Isles fans to watch a game outside LI than on the island.

Bethpage is 98% Rags fans. We could use you guys here.

BroadwayJay*

Just as I suspected, it's easier to find a group of Isles fans to watch a game outside LI than on the island.

Don't worry. I got your back, we're GOING to watch first road game of the playoffs out on the Island.

So long as you'll pick me up at the LIRR lol.

Crispy385

Jul 23, 2008
Grew up in Stanley, which is about thirty minutes from Charlotte. Back on the island for now though.

Ned Starks Head

May 8, 2013
North Carolina
I am living in Charlotte and have been a die hard Islander fan since day 1 (Yea I am old) I am wondering if there are any other Islander fans in the city? I do not get the NHL network so I will be at a local bar (probably Fitzgerald's)watching. Just looking for some Isle fans to watch the games with me and my wife.

I'm just north of Charlotte, in Kannapolis. 20 minute drive.
I have never seen an Islanders shirt or jersey around here that I wasn't wearing.
Great to know there are some other fans around.:yo:
I might be up for a get together.

IslesFan23

Oct 11, 2009
London
I just moved to Charlotte in the Fall, I live uptown and would be down to get together for games. Really glad I found this thread, lets get this going :yo:

RealSturat

Jan 30, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
I drive down 77 and see that everyday. It is definitely going to be one Hell of a ride!

I cross over 77 every day on my way to work. Albeit a "bit" further north. ;)

We are hoping for a trip down there in 2016 some time. This year doesn't look good with Disney. Sheesh the mouse is pricey.

We were there a few years ago on the way to Myrtle Beach. My wife and I LOVED Afterburn.

If any you Charlotte folks ever come up to Cedar Point if you have platinum passes, let me know! I can show you around the park. :D

isle 24

Dec 17, 2006
NC
I just moved to Charlotte in the Fall, I live uptown and would be down to get together for games. Really glad I found this thread, lets get this going :yo:

We will have to set it up as soon as they clinch. The first Playoff game would be great to get together. I am open to any suggestions for a place to meet. I am living in the first ward.

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
Been spending a lot of time down there for work recently. If I get sent down during playoff time, where the hell can I go to watch a game? I was able to find a bar to watch playoff hockey in freaking Albequerque, NM two years ago, there has to be a place in Charlotte, right?

startainfection*

It's changed a lot over the last few year isles fans started coming out like crazy since 2013, but bethpage still has way too many rags fans

Abradolf Lincler

Nov 16, 2011
NC
Been spending a lot of time down there for work recently. If I get sent down during playoff time, where the hell can I go to watch a game? I was able to find a bar to watch playoff hockey in freaking Albequerque, NM two years ago, there has to be a place in Charlotte, right?

There's a bunch of places to go in Charlotte for sports viewing. These are just a few:

Fitzgerald's
Courtyard Houligans
Wild wing cafe
Champions

You have to go up and ask them to turn the game on but most of these places the last I recall have NHL center Ice packages. Hope this helps!

IslesFan23

Oct 11, 2009
London
There's a bunch of places to go in Charlotte for sports viewing. These are just a few:

Fitzgerald's
Courtyard Houligans
Wild wing cafe
Champions

You have to go up and ask them to turn the game on but most of these places the last I recall have NHL center Ice packages. Hope this helps!

The bartender at Hooligans on Saturday nights is an Islander fan and usually has the game on.

Also Duckworths and Picasos will put the game on no sound tho.

Smash255

Oct 22, 2003
Farmingdale
none.com

Fitzgerald's
Courtyard Houligans
Wild wing cafe
Champions

Duckworth is also good. My parents moved down there a few years ago and have been there during the Holidays and have gone there a few times to watch the Giants. Tons of TV's everywhere, I'm sure they would put the game on one the TV's if you asked.

isle 24

Dec 17, 2006
NC
Duckworth is also good. My parents moved down there a few years ago and have been there during the Holidays and have gone there a few times to watch the Giants. Tons of TV's everywhere, I'm sure they would put the game on one the TV's if you asked.

Duckworth just opened in uptown. We walked by there last week and they had the NCAA games on. The place was packed.

IslesFan23

Oct 11, 2009
London
I was speaking to one of the bartenders at Hooligans, he said that we'd be able to get some specials if we had a group there.

Abradolf Lincler

Nov 16, 2011
NC
I was speaking to one of the bartenders at Hooligans, he said that we'd be able to get some specials if we had a group there.

I'm in, let's pick a game and see how many people we could get to show up, I'll try and post on some other boards if need be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad