GDT: Charlotte Hornets and other NBA talk

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Bulls are terrible yet Gar Forman and John Paxton have jobs for life. Jerry Reinsdoff just doesn’t give a ****...

I'm convinced that franchise outside of those 2 or 3 Derrick Rose years is/was still living off the 90s. Half the Bulls fans that come to Charlotte still wear Jordan, Pippen, Rodman jerseys. I don't think they will ever change

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Yeah, Jordan saw the writing on the wall when Jerry Krause got jealous of everyone on the team. Six championships were a good childhood though....:)

I still vividly remember watching game 6 of the 1998 Finals and watching Jordan grind his team to victory. Probably the most memorable performance in sports I've ever seen, even better than the flu game the year before.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Maybe D'Angelo Russell wasn't the problem in Lakerland. Ah well too bad so sad. Enjoy 3 more years of a declining LeBron and LaVar Balls mouth.

Reactions: Identity404

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'd like to thank Magic Johnson for his involvement of further turning the Lakers into a dumpster fire. He should be getting a lifetime contract from them just for that alone. Well done Magic! :handclap:

And, holy crap if the Hornets actually manage to clinch a playoff spot tomorrow then the Pistons and Heat should both fold.

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
I hope for Kemba's sake more than anything that he decides to bail. He's done as much as humanly possible given the little he had to work with in Charlotte. I can't imagine a single Hornets fan would blame him for moving on, and the vast majority would be happy for him.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Kemba isn't even the highest-paid on the team, that alone is more than enough reason to leave. Unless some trades involving guys like Batum/Williams/Zeller/MKG etc. happen I don't see how there's any room to sign him to a max contract.

And, getting away from the Hornets for a bit. My God the Sacramento Kings continue to be a shit-show, that franchise may never make the playoffs again. They fire the coach who leads the team to the best record since 2006 with the young talent they have and give the GM whose still a wild-card a raise? Those fans deserve better, they really do.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Kemba isn't even the highest-paid on the team, that alone is more than enough reason to leave. Unless some trades involving guys like Batum/Williams/Zeller/MKG etc. happen I don't see how there's any room to sign him to a max contract.

And, getting away from the Hornets for a bit. My God the Sacramento Kings continue to be a ****-show, that franchise may never make the playoffs again. They fire the coach who leads the team to the best record since 2006 with the young talent they have and give the GM whose still a wild-card a raise? Those fans deserve better, they really do.
Vlade Divac is a complete moron. So sad because he was one of my favorite players growing up.

NBA is just all sorts of depressing though unless you're one of the fans of maybe a handful of teams.

I like Adam Silver but he needs to figure some shit out. Though I'm not really sure what he can do at this point. There are just so many long suffering fans of several franchises.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Unfortunately for franchises like the Kings/Knicks/Grizzlies/Suns etc. Silver can't do anything unless the ownership does something similar to what got Sterling banned. Those franchises are probably going to suck forever at this point, and there's really no enticement to get quality FA's to sign with those teams.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Unfortunately for franchises like the Kings/Knicks/Grizzlies/Suns etc. Silver can't do anything unless the ownership does something similar to what got Sterling banned. Those franchises are probably going to suck forever at this point, and there's really no enticement to get quality FA's to sign with those teams.
I mean it wouldn't be so bad if those were the only teams but there are like at least twice the NBA fanbases who would at least argue they have the same future futility as those franchises you mentioned. It's just a mess now.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
This Lakers coaching search is turning into Tennessee Football from a year ago. I am loving it and I hope it continues! :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad