Chara crosscheck to Gallagher’s neck (Update: fined $5k)

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Yeah.... I could give you countless examples of the double standards not going in Bostons favor but have fun living with this garbage notion they have a different set of rules lolololololol

I remember a certain Habs defenseman cross checking Lucic in the face in a playoff game, drawing blood in the process, and not getting a game. Yet Lucic did the same thing in a previous series and had to sit a game.

ZOMG!!!! DOUBLE STANDARD!!!!

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I remember a certain Habs defenseman cross checking Lucic in the face in a playoff game, drawing blood in the process, and not getting a game. Yet Lucic did the same thing in a previous series and had to sit a game.

Understandable considering the footage appeared to show the Hab crosschecking Lucic’s ass.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site

Naaaaaa..... never happened! HF says so....

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Yes. By the standards that the league applies to the bruins. He hasn’t been suspended like ever.

the standards that are applied to the rest of the league.... suspension.

Hint. They aren’t the same

Prove.

Total up all the non calls and non suspensions that the bruins should have received vs the ones opponents should.

Lets see just how unbiased you are?

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Mully

Oct 7, 2008
Halifax, NS
This should be a suspension, 2 games or so in my opinion. There is no Bruins conspiracy, just a lack of consistency on the part of the DoPS.

If Marchand crosschecked someone in the throat hes getting a couple of games at least.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
That was nasty. It should have resulted in more than a pocket change fine for Chara. DoPS has become a joke. The name is a joke.. Department of Player Safety... what a joke.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
If you're twice as tall as everyone else in the league, you have to adjust the height of your hits or find a Giant League where you don't keep hitting everyone in the neck and head "by accident".

Duster

Feb 20, 2004
Just watching a rerun of the Daily Show with Jon Stewart where he dedicates a large portion of the show to mocking the Bruins, Marchand embellishments and Chara strong hockey plays. Hilarious!

Reactions: Lilou

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
By bruins standards sure.

by the standards applied to the rest of the league. Easy suspension.

You have to control your stick. Chopping a guy in the neck is easy suspension anywhere other than Boston

Very true. But that is a typical chara move in the playoffs. You don't see it often during the season. He knows they won't call it in the playoffs so he hacks away. I can't think of a team that has received more preferential treatment than boston. Anyone does that and they get suspended.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
5k only?

No suspension?

Gallagher is tough, over half the players in the league would have dropped and went to the locker room.

He is a repeat offender. Some bs.

I am not impressed with the league this season at all with their ruling on fines and suspensions or no suspensions. This sickens me as an avid fan.

Reactions: Lilou

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad