Value of: Chandler Stephenson

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
He’s been underpaid for a while now.
No way Vegas affords to keep him.

Where does he wind up and for how much?

I’d love him on the rangers if he takes a Trochek contract as a long term 3C and then bump chytil to wing or possibly deal him down the line…..
Thoughts??

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm assuming he goes to one of those teams that misses out on Lindstrom. He doesn't have the Second Option Name Recognition that Monahan does either, so he might get a somewhat less insane deal. But that could be me and Wishful Thinking w/r/t getting him in union blue. :)

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I think fit is important and he does bring elements to the Pens they need. Plus you think playing with Sid for EX; won't be an upgrade. I sign him since with him, Bunting and DOC, that is a solid LW trio.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't know what money we'll have to do it with, but Stephenson is exactly the kind of middle-6 guy the Flyers traditionally talk themselves into paying like a 1C, so I'm fearing where this is going to go.

Reactions: BernieParent

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think fit is important and he does bring elements to the Pens they need. Plus you think playing with Sid for EX; won't be an upgrade. I sign him since with him, Bunting and DOC, that is a solid LW trio.

I think that's the only way he has success in PIT is by lining up next to Sid. But giving another 30 year old, undersized winger cash and term just seems stupid.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I think there will be a lot of teams lining up to make a strong offer for a speedy, generally responsible 2-way Top-6 Center with flexibility...and a ton of playoff experience now. He's been mostly underrated and for whatever reason, seems to often be a bit of a forgotten man with Vegas. But i think most GMs are probably pretty aware of who and what he is, and what that's worth.

I see $6M x 6 being well within the realm of what gets offered to him, if he wants to take it. I think the fact he's had one of the biggest steal contracts in the league for the last bunch of years probably makes it less likely that he takes a smaller offer to pick his landing spot. This is going to be his real "career moneymaker" contract to make up for the small potatoes he's played for with Vegas and being a bit more of a "late bloomer" who didn't earn big in his earliest years either.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I don't think he gets that AAV or term after last year. But he is hardly undersized here. At a decent cost and assuming Smith is moved at the draft day shopping spree, I like him for the Pens.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
He has a Cup and not a lot in the bank account. You would think he is going to prioritize the $$$ but people are people and who knows.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I mean, he’s an ideal 3C on a cup contender…. He’s been that with Vegas for a while.
I wouldn’t want to give him 6 years, but having him as a 3C that can play up in the line up in case of injury is a huge plus to good teams.
The name of the game come playoff time is versatility.
Stephs has a bunch of playoff experience to boot.
NYR having Zibby/trochek/chytil all under contract makes him maybe a less likely target, I don’t know though, since chytil has returned Lavi has put him exclusively at wing.
Maybe that becomes permanent and Stephenson becomes a real target.

I know NYR was heavy in on danault when he was a UFA, and word on the street is Drury was offering a really solid package before the preds hot streak at the end of the season.
Imo, it’s pretty obvious the rangers FO and Drury want a 3 center that is capable of putting up 50 pts maybe more with good wingers.
NYR roster next year is they sign him looks like
Kreider-Zibby-Chytil
Panarin-Trochek-Laf
Cuylle-Stephenson-Berard/ maybe Kakko if not traded
Goodrow/UFA vet-Edstrom-vesey
Rempe in rotation

That’s a pretty solid group

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
He PK's right? If he could be had for around $5 million a year (and Lindhom prices himself out) I'd gladly sign him to replenish that center depth (presuming we don't trade Mikheyev for Kotkaniemi).

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
I hope to god the Flyers don’t do something stupid regarding this player…
e444014c-7551-45a4-b39d-e4fd1154c3be_text.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad