Value of: Chandler Stephenson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mohar Ikram

Dec 27, 2021
Muadzam Shah, Pahang, Malaysia
This guy.... confuse the hell out of me on this community and the whole actual hockey community.

Now at peak age of 29, A 60-70 point second line C who plays two way in offensive and defensive (prior to Eichel, he is a 1C that manage to bring his team to WCF), Playoff performer for several seasons. Can score, passes, playmake and throw hits, Already winning a cup, 2.75 mil cap hit until 2024 (so only one year left on his contract) No BS NTC, NMC or whatever,.....

Yet no one still knew about him or wants him? Seems like he have an invisible cloak around him.

What is his value trade?

Last edited:

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
He seems to just thrive there. He's worth more to them (especially at that cap) than a trade return. They'll try to extend him at a decent hit I'd say, especially if they win a cup

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I think most people acknowledge that he’s not reasonably available so why even ask?

He’s a super entrenched and critical piece for Vegas. Plenty of teams would want him, he’s just not somebody it’s even worth asking about.

Yeah. He does fly a bit under the radar as one of the more underrated players in the league when it comes to fans/media attention...but realistically, there's absolutely zero reason for Vegas to even listen on any sort of trade offer for him. He's key to what they do well, and his steal of a contract is hugely important to them in fielding the sort of depth that they win out with.

It'll be interesting when it comes time to re-sign him to a new "market value" deal. At that point, maybe Vegas have some decisions to make. But as a whole, in the meantime, i don't think the lack of conversation inquiring about him has anything to do with other teams not wanting him...it's purely about the fact it'd be stupid and pointless to even bother asking what the "price" would be. He's one of those guys where there is no reasonable price that would make sense. The only price that would make sense, would be something insane that nobody would ever give up for a player like Stephenson. Like...a young, cheap star player on an ELC sort of thing.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Probably is gonna get dealt if the Knights cant clear up cap space, which is a big problem since he's been a pest for the Knights this entire playoff run

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
There is zero chance the Knights are trading him given that he makes peanuts for the value he provides. I'm not sure they'll pony up to re-sign though. I'm also not sure what he looks like somewhere else without Stone. Stone is the single biggest reason for the massive jump in his offensive production.

Reactions: Haguerbomb

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Seems like a pretty perfect marriage between player and franchise. They'll have a number of expiring contracts after 2023-24 that should give them the flexibility to sign him to a contract in the area of what Smith and Marchessault are making.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Unless it's a massive overpay I don't see Vegas parting with him. Very important player for them. Terrific 2 way C on a great deal.
Teams should just be looking for the next Chandler Stephenson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad