Proposal: Chandler Stephenson to DET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
When Eichel joins the squad, I doubt they break up the Smith - Karlsson - Marchessault line…. So what happens to chandler? From 1C to 3C?

can they even afford him

I feel this is a chance for Yzerman to fill the 2C spot for relatively cheap due to Vegas cap situation… what would It take to get him ?

he also fits the wings core being only 27 and can fit on a line with Vrana and Zadina.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Ledge And Dairy

What choice does Vegas have they need to clear cap, wings have a ton of picks, cap space and prospects what does Vegas need?
Deal someone else or deal him to any of the 20+ teams that could use a top 6 player at 2.75M. I am not talking about Vegas here, I am talking about his value on the market and it is probably quite high

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Typically if you are a competing team with cap issues, moving a forward overperforming their $2.75 million contract with some term is not your first move.
I understand but do they want to bury him on the 3rd line?

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
When Eichel joins the squad, I doubt they break up the Smith - Karlsson - Marchessault line…. So what happens to chandler? From 1C to 3C?

can they even afford him

I feel this is a chance for Yzerman to fill the 2C spot for relatively cheap due to Vegas cap situation… what would It take to get him ?

he also fits the wings core being only 27 and can fit on a line with Vrana and Zadina.

Thoughts?
If Vegas moved Stephenson they shouldn’t be excepting roster players with term.

Detroit would have to send picks/prospects.

Stephenson is on track to break career highs in goals assists and points so his value is only going to go up if Vegas deals Stephenson.

Im of the opinion that Vegas should move Smith, Janmark,
Dadonov or even William Karlsson over Stephenson.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I understand but do they want to bury him on the 3rd line?

A player making $2.75 mil is hardly burying a player on the 3rd line.

Let's put it this way, if you can give Vegas a player making less than $2.75 mil and have the same impact as Stephenson, i'm sure Vegas will listen. If not, he isn't getting traded - a more realistic trade target would be Rielly Smith or Dadanov.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I imagine they will initially try to trade a player with a $5M+ AAV. It will be a while, as they go down the list of expensive players underperforming, before they get to Stephenson. He is overperforming relative to his compensation.

When you are up against the cap, you trade your most expensive and expendable parts first. There is always room for productive cheap players on any roster.

Reactions: flamesforcup

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
They would be real dumb to trade a guy thats not exactly drowning while being shoved into 1C in an emergency capacity all while making less than 3M. They should pay to get rid of Dadonov

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Vegas will have to sell of assets, that's a given, but Stephenson's contract is not the issue. I don't believe he's untradeable, but you'd be paying top dollar to get a top 6 C on that cheap of a contract. Also, having center depth is rarely a problem, particularly if it means having three legit scoring lines. Smith, Karlsson and Martinez are much more likely to be moved I reckon.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

Why not break up the Smith - Karlsson - Marchessault line? Are their even strength numbers great?

Not only is Stephenson playing 1st line center; he is performing as a 1st line center. First in ice time among VGK forwards and a point per game. I don't care if you tell me he is being carried by his wingers. If he meshes well with them, so be it.

I know there is a narrative out there that Eichel has to play with Pacioretty and Stone because they will be the best line ever, but if Stephenson works well with those guys then put Eichel with Marchessault and Smith.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Yea dont see why Vegas would trade him before other guys. Given where they are at in there competitive cycle they are better off attaching assets to offload other salary if necessary.

Detroit needs to find these kinds of guys before they pop off, not after

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I would certainly keep Stone - Stephenson - Pacioretty together and put Eichel with Marchessault and Smith or Karlsson. It would be a one-two punch formula realy tough to play against. Also, I think Stone and Pacioretty dont need an Eichel at all to be high producers and experience proove that Stephenson was the missing link for them.

Reactions: banks and Jacob582

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
What choice does Vegas have they need to clear cap, wings have a ton of picks, cap space and prospects what does Vegas need?

What choice? A top 6 player at sub $3 million per. They would have a ton of options. Don't kid yourself.

If I had to bet the 2 guys going are Smith and Dadonov. Typically when a club has cap issues, a value contract isn't the one shown the door.

Reactions: Habsrule and banks

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Jordan Staal was buried on the 3rd line in Pittsburgh and it worked out okay for them.

He's also buried on the 3rd line on a top Hurricanes team and double the cap hit. I'm not convinced the OP isn't trolling here.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018

can they even afford him

Thoughts?

I will entertain your request. We will require your 2022 1st as well as your 2023 1st in exchange for Chandler Stephenson.

And by the way, both of these picks must be unprotected. Take it or leave it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad