GWT: Champions League - Semifinals

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
You are such a hater :laugh:
Nah, I love your excuses

Real was the better team today but wouldn't have won without the refs' help. Which often happens in La Liga too. And when the "mistakes" are too obvious and opposing players complain about it they get hit with 3 match bans.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Now Bayern knows what it feels like to have a stoppage time terrible call that would have changed the balance of the tie.

Do I have to put the emoji or will people get this, let's find out.

• Haha
Reactions: luiginb

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Issue is really with the linesman. They're taught to keep their flag down in those situations.

The linesman putting his flag up is supposed to be the signal to the ref "yea this was way off, don't even bother letting the move play out" so the ref can just blow it dead versus waiting 30 seconds on every offside in the game.
Yes. The ref can also let the play go but the main fault is the linesman.
However Mbappe was deemed offside against Real (he wasn't) the same way. It's common occurrence at Bernabeu.

Never mind evilo’s right

that was 100% onside
As usual.

Reactions: luiginb

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Vini had a pretty rough start of the year when coming back from injury. probably needs an insane copa to have a shot.

IMO, I'd say Wirtz should be leader but they probably won't value Europa that much.

Reactions: Savant

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Vini was the player of the game tonight, and Ancelotti had the right idea to overload the left flank. It was mostly luck and Neuer keeping Bayern in the game.

I don't think we can talk about BDO until the international tournaments are over. If Kane wins the Euros with England he also has a shot.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Vini was the player of the game tonight, and Ancelotti had the right idea to overload the left flank. It was mostly luck and Neuer keeping Bayern in the game.

I don't think we can talk about BDO until the international tournaments are over. If Kane wins the Euros with England he also has a shot.
This isn’t even my Real Madrid bias but would he be able to win it over Bellingham if that’s the case?

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
His offensive weapons were crap today. TT f***ed up with the players he brought on to replace them. Kim for Sane was just inexcusable when he still had Tel on the bench.
Kane had a great game IMO. And Musiala. Sane was nowhere near as good as in the first leg though.

Equation goes:
- part of the CL winning team: YES or NO
- key player: YES or NO
- if YES, did he win the Copa/Euro: YES or NO

Three YES and that's the winner. Unless it's a defender like Rüdiger or Schlotterback.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The whistle goes before Mueller gets his head on the ball to send it over to De Ligt and you can clearly see both of the closest Real defenders and the keeper relax when the whistle goes, so I don't think it's entirely fair to say the bad offside flag cost them a goal.
it cost them a huge chance at tying the goal at the last minute. Huge huge mistake.

I feel like Bayern was slightly better in the first leg and Real clearly the better team in the second leg. Bayern certainly didn't deserve to be ahead. But I'd be furious if I were a Bayern fan.

It clearly was Joselu. Brace in 10 minutes.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
it cost them a huge chance at tying the goal at the last minute. Huge huge mistake.

I feel like Bayern was slightly better in the first leg and Real clearly the better team in the second leg. Bayern certainly didn't deserve to be ahead. But I'd be furious if I were a Bayern fan.

It clearly was Joselu. Brace in 10 minutes.
Oh for sure it was a huge mistake and cost Bayern, but I think there's a clear difference between "cost them a huge chance at the tying goal" and "cost them the tying goal"

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Kane had a great game IMO. And Musiala. Sane was nowhere near as good as in the first leg though.

Musiala had a couple moments where he looked like himself, for most of the match he was fight his touch badly...even if not as badly as Leroy. And Kane killed too many movements. Nah their front 3 let them down badly.

Equation goes:
- part of the CL winning team: YES or NO
- key player: YES or NO
- if YES, did he win the Copa/Euro: YES or NO

Three YES and that's the winner. Unless it's a defender like Rüdiger or Schlotterback.

So it's between Kroos and Füllkrug/Brandt/Can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad