GWT: Champions League - League Stage

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I appreciate Real showing what would've happened anyway, even if BVB had finished those chances in the first half of the final. I now don't have to feel too bad about it.
Nah Terzic can coach miles around Sahin, he wouldn't have made those suicide subs

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Nah Terzic can coach miles around Sahin, he wouldn't have made those suicide subs
BVB's hopes arguably ended in that game as soon as Terzic made his first sub though.

Vinicius vs Emre Can, this can only end well.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
It’s crazy how true to form both of these clubs turned out to be….once again.

BVB always come up short. Madrid always find a way to win. Always.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Just would like to emphasize how unbelievably stupid it is to willingly and strategically tilt the pitch and give away possession to a side with such elite attacking quality. I mean….are you TRYING to lose???

Reactions: PanniniClaus

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Toure finally wins it in stoppage time for VFB after a goal called back for a sketchy handball, and a missed pen.

I appreciate Real showing what would've happened anyway, even if BVB had finished those chances in the first half of the final. I now don't have to feel too bad about it.

That team had some courage. This team is just flat

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Tbf for a while it looked like it was going to end in a 2-2 draw because Madrid weren't doing much after they tied it. But then in true Madrid fashion, Courtois make a somewhat lucky save and 30 seconds later Vasquez cuts through the defense with some luck as well and scores, and then Dortmund were done.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
This new format is so ass
I've come around to it. Other than the fact that teams are all directly competing against each another with different fixtures, it's much more intriguing than the previous group stage. The last few matchdays will be chaotic.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I've come around to it. Other than the fact that teams are all directly competing against each another with different fixtures, it's much more intriguing than the previous group stage. The last few matchdays will be chaotic.
The balancing is completely wrong. You have Pot 4 teams that got way easier fixtures than Pot 1 teams, and they are just running up goal difference on cannon fodder. The quality of the games and matchups aren’t better. You can say maybe it’s a good thing that teams can’t waive the white flag as earlier, but I just have such an issue with the way that this was balanced

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad