GWT: Champions League - League Stage

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
What the honest f*** is happened in the Bayern match? The last time I saw it, it was 3-2, and I come back 15 minutes later to see it 9-2?

Bayern even had two early otherwise well built goals ruled out for offside.

Dinamo just couldn't keep up with Bayern's final third slick passing, not even after Musiala (who made a number of good creative passes) was subbed off.

Kimmich's distribution was great, top ball delivery on the goals from everywhere on the pitch.

As fpr the goals conceded, Newer replaced as keeper at half-time with Ulreich, took a while for the team get used to. He could have saved at least one those goals.

Reactions: S E P H

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
They would’ve had a better chance if they hadn’t been so wasteful in the first half. They could’ve scored a couple goals in the first 15-20min before Real found their footing.
To be fair, this is true about most of Real's opponents this year, the only ones that got points against them were clinical in attack. But Courtois vs Nubel was basically the difference in this game.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
To be fair, this is true about most of Real's opponents this year, the only ones that got points against them were clinical in attack. But Courtois vs Nubel was basically the difference in this game.

Meh. I’m not high on Nübel & the third goal was very soft, but Courtois didn’t make any saves in that game that Nübel didn’t.

The difference was that Millot toed his first chance wide & then hit the crossbar with his second so real was able to open the scoring.

If Stuttgart had taken their chances better and Nubel’s soft third goal lost points for them that would be different. But they were down 2-1 at that point, not up 2-1.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Either way, pretty happy with how Chabot & Stiller looked against Real. I know JN hasn’t given Chabot a shot yet, but he would be my first choice as a Rüdiger backup…dude would just be a rock defensively next to the more proactive Schlotterbeck.

Führich was oddly peripheral yesterday. Even Leweling looked more lively for most of the match.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Either way, pretty happy with how Chabot & Stiller looked against Real. I know JN hasn’t given Chabot a shot yet, but he would be my first choice as a Rüdiger backup…dude would just be a rock defensively next to the more proactive Schlotterbeck.

Führich was oddly peripheral yesterday. Even Leweling looked more lively for most of the match.
Chabot lost Rudiger on the second Real goal though, even though I mainly blame Nubel there for not claiming the cross

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Chabot lost Rudiger on the second Real goal though, even though I mainly blame Nubel there for not claiming the cross

Was that Chabot? Have to catch a replay cause I thought that was his partner on first watch. Even if it was he had many strong interceptions / blocks / headers to break attacks up. For his first time on that kind of stage, I was very pleased.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sparta are just rolling.

Good for Blank to be getting this kind of experience but woof, not the results you want to see on the kid’s CL debut.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Strong game from Brugge against Dortmund, could have easily won but too wasteful with their chances. Dortmund with a few (very) late goals to snatch the win in typical German fashion

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

So on the Rüdiger goal, it’s Rouault that Toni beats to the ball, Chabot ends up jumping over Militão to try and contest it. I dunno how they were coached, so maybe Chabot should’ve followed Rudi when he ran towards Rouault’s area, but that would’ve left Militão wide open.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad