Celebrity Death: Chadwick Boseman, 43

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I thought this had to be a bad prank when I just saw it. But then I remembered several months back those photos of him looking very gaunt and unhealthy that made people worried and now it all makes sense. Very sad. RIP Black Panther.
Same when I saw that on social
I also had the same reaction when I saw RIP Kobe trending on Twitter earlier this year
So surreal

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Devastating news. One of my favorite actors. 42 and Marshall are two of my favorite movies in the 2010's. He had a future Oscar winner written all over him, it would've been just a matter of time.

Rest in peace warrior.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Tragic news. My heart goes out to his loved ones.

I also feel for all the young and old fans to have one off their superheroes die, especially one that resonated so strongly with audiences. This will be a tough one for many people to process.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Credit to him for keeping his health private and avoiding all the unnecessary press/attention. I also thought he was 10 years younger.

But I hope they can BP2. Cant see anyone else in that role.

yah i don't think Bp2 needs to be made let alone recasting tchalla with another actor.. rip chadwick boseman.too young f*** cancer and this year alone..

Reactions: Baby Punisher

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I mean. Part of me is really impressed he continued to work through it but just terrible news. Rest in peace. :(
Same here, dude has stage 3 colon cancer while filming some very physical movie scenes as the Black Panther. Talk about dedication.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
This reminds me of something that Arnold Schwarzenegger wrote in his autobiography. He said that he was sent a lot fewer and different scripts after his double heart bypass surgery in the late 90s because studios were worried about insuring him and about audiences not accepting him as an action star any more. I wonder if Chadwick might've been worried that making the news public would similarly harm his career just as it was really taking off. He did play a superhero, after all. It's quite possible that what Arnie experienced was just how it was in the 90s and that it probably wouldn't happen today, but you never know and you can't blame Chadwick if he didn't want to take any chances.

Alternately, or maybe in addition, he may've kept the news to himself so that he could escape from it. By not making it public, he was able to go out in public and work without people bringing it up or treating him differently when the last thing that he wanted was to be reminded of it. It seems like he might've been an intensely private person, which I can relate to.

One last thought: it seems to me that the pandemic likely played a role in this coming out of the blue like this. Without it, the projects that he was slated to be in probably would've advanced and he would've had to have told people that he was too sick to film or attend meetings, which might've led to rumors. Instead, he just happened to have his condition deteriorate while everything was paused and everyone in Hollywood was stuck at home, anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baby Punisher

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Credit to him for keeping his health private and avoiding all the unnecessary press/attention. I also thought he was 10 years younger.

But I hope they can BP2. Cant see anyone else in that role.

It will be a tough decision. One thing I can see them doing is having Shuri become the Black Panther as she does in the comics but it's too early to think of this really. I am still in shock.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
It will be a tough decision. One thing I can see them doing is having Shuri become the Black Panther as she does in the comics but it's too early to think of this really. I am still in shock.
Probably would be the only way I'd be okay with it.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
yah i don't think Bp2 needs to be made let alone recasting tchalla with another actor.. rip chadwick boseman.too young f*** cancer and this year alone..

IMO would be a sign of disrespect to re-cast. While I wasn't a huge fan of the movie overall, it would be like trying to re-cast Cap or Iron Man.

Reactions: David71

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
They won't can BP2. And honestly I don't think they should. The movie clearly hit a chord with audience, particularly young black fans ... to deny them more of that because Boseman died does fans a disservice. I suspect he'd feel the same way.

Superman, Spider-Man, Batman, Wonder Woman, Joker, etc. all have been recast multiple times. Silly to say Black Panther can't or shouldn't.

Even if the sentiment is a well intentioned honor.

Reactions: Osprey

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Same here, dude has stage 3 colon cancer while filming some very physical movie scenes as the Black Panther. Talk about dedication.
The more I've thought about it the more inspiring that is. Some people will drive around for ten minutes trying to find a closer parking spot that might save them 50 steps.

This guy battled every day to make the best of the time he had left and share his talent with the world.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Chadwicks unique accent and acting skills will be hard to match by anyone trying to take his place as the Black Panther.

His character resonated with the people.

He cannot be duplicated.

Phenomenal actor.

R.I.P brother !

Reactions: David71

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Holy ****, this is real! :(

EgjrJSZUYAATs8T

Last edited:
Reactions: Jussi