Player Discussion Chabot's realistic potential in 2018-2019

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
With Karlsson he has 40-45 point potential, especially if he gets 1st line powerplay minutes. He has the best shot on the team now IMO as well. Shoot , shoot, shoot. I agree he needs to work on his passing, particularily on breakouts.

Reactions: BigRig4

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
I have no expectations for anything this year honestly. I'd guess Chabot will have a similar season to this year gone by.

1,000 likes to the OP for making an actual positive, discussion worthy thread.

Something positive was much needed.. with all the negativity, its easy to forget some of the players/things that this team actually has going for them.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I expect he'll have huge highs and the lowest of lows. On a basement team he'll be one of the featured players but will get targeted on a nightly basis. He'll be the best player on the ice some nights and get victimized on others while trying to shut down the likes of Kucherov and Tavares. Probably be a polarizing player among the sens fan base, like Karlsson was in his early days.

Think he'll hold his own as a PP QB and get himself around 45 points playing over 20 minutes a game. He'll get loads of experience though and be a better player in future because of it.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I am nervous he will be thrust into a role he isnt ready for.... However thats better than playing him on his offside with absolutely no margin for error, which I dont think will happen this season.

I am frankly worried about all the young players being pushed into roles they arent ready for. He should be on the first pp whether Karlsson is a Sen or not. Other than that he needs a veteran solid right handed d man to play with,too bad they dont have one. I think he will be one of the only bright spots on the team this year and one of the only reasons ill likely be watching and holding out hope.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
He has the best shot on the team now IMO as well. Shoot , shoot, shoot. I agree he needs to work on his passing, particularily on breakouts.

Isn't it sort of the opposite? I thought he still needed work on his shot but his vision and passing (and skating obviously) are all top notch?

I know in junior he needed a lot of work on his shot so it could have improved a lot but certainly not to extent of being best on the team.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
With 65 on the team: 2nd best defenceman with impact on PP and PK, 30+ points in a full season.

Without 65: struggling #1 D too young to really be thrown into a pack of wolves without insulation.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Even with EK still here I want him to take helm of the PP, it was better when he was running it than EK was, or at least give him 50% of the PP time.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Isn't it sort of the opposite? I thought he still needed work on his shot but his vision and passing (and skating obviously) are all top notch?

I know in junior he needed a lot of work on his shot so it could have improved a lot but certainly not to extent of being best on the team.

Hoffman had the best shot on the team. Check out Chabot's one timers in the OP video. Noone else on our current roster can do that.

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
Without EK, I see 50 points being plausible. 25 minutes a night, a handful of fluke secondary assists for chucking the puck up the ice and the majority of PP time.

Reactions: LeTigre

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Without EK, I see 50 points being plausible. 25 minutes a night, a handful of fluke secondary assists for chucking the puck up the ice and the majority of PP time.

Without EK, I don't see this team scoring a lot, or enough to get Chabot hit 50, even with MVP TP as team captain.

Reactions: MVP Tom Pyatt

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Lol glad I didnt post in this thread. I would have been way off....

Chabot has absolutely blown away my wildest expectations. Hes already exceeding what I thought would be his peak numbers offensively, so shame on me for doubting him I guess (especially after his WJC tourney)...

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Well then...

Sick accomplishment, Chabot has been on an elite tier this season both offensively and defensively. He has performed beyond anyone's expectations and then some which, under Melnyk, means he will be the next big ticket trade out of town when it's time for him to get paid.

Chabot and Tkachuk are legit stars in the making. Colin White looks to be a good 2nd pairing centre already.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He is the reason I still occasionally watch. The games he has been hurt for I have felt almost no will to watch.

Best player on the ice yesterday even with Mcdavid I thought.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Man, was he ever awesome last night. There might be a case for giving players some time off during an 82 game season because he was everywhere last night.

It's missing an elite player then seeing him again that really reaffirms your opinion of that player.

Elite.

Reactions: Slack

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Karlsson sticking around would certainly help chabot

The whole narrative that chabot wouldn't have broken out if Karlsson was still here is one of the dumbest takes I have seen this year .

Who needs Karlsson when we got chabot right .why not have both

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Off my projection by 10 points right now, minus karlsson. espn projection roughly 56 points/70GP

Thomas Chabot

ice time distribution

demelo %55
stone %30
white %27
tierney %26
Ryan %26
many others %20-25

Last edited:

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017