Injury Report: Chabot broken hand, 4-6 weeks

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
The worst part is that this is gonna be a lost season with the Pinto and Chabot news and they may give Dorion some extra time as a result.

Pray to God that he is not allowed to be involved with our 2024 first round pick.

dorion is a lame duck figurehead. when they fire him it will be like an exorcism of bad juju.

i doubt any of andlauer, staios, or alfredsson take him that seriously until then.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It shouldn't but you never know.

However in a contact sport, the expectation to not miss core pieces for lengthy periods of time is highly unrealistic. Boston and Florida both had important and lengthy injury situations last year and made the dance.

Sure, both teams last year are possibly more talented than this roster but the takeaway is this is where coaching comes into play.

Some teams go on lengthy runs of full roster availability but I always think of those situations as the exception, not the rule.
I think this is downplaying issues over the last couple years.

Nobody has any expectation of core players not missing time. What they have is expectations that the amount of time missed will be in line with league averages.

2021-22 8th last in net LWAR
2022-23 4th last in net LWAR (Boston and Florida both finished middle of the league that year so no where near the same situation)

Formenton and Pinto are a bit different than injuries, but impact the team in a similar fashion. They don't get counted in team injury stats.

2023-24 is TBD but with Zub, Brannstrom and now Chabot out, it's not looking promising, and that's not even accounting for how the impact of injuries is compounded when its to the same position.

Injuries happen to every team, but the idea that good teams overcome it is misleading, I mean, Vegas certainly didn't in 21-22, Dallas didn't in 20-21. Good teams are insulated by their depth, but injuries impact everyone, acting like it's nothing more than an excuse is just not living in the real word.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016

Nobody has any expectation of core players not missing time. What they have is expectations that the amount of time missed will be in line with league averages.

2022-23 4th last in net LWAR (Boston and Florida both finished middle of the league that year so no where near the same situation)

Formenton and Pinto are a bit different than injuries, but impact the team in a similar fashion. They don't get counted in team injury stats.

2023-24 is TBD but with Zub, Brannstrom and now Chabot out, it's not looking promising, and that's not even accounting for how the impact of injuries is compounded when its to the same position.

Injuries happen to every team, but the idea that good teams overcome it is misleading, I mean, Vegas certainly didn't in 21-22, Dallas didn't in 20-21. Good teams are insulated by their depth, but injuries impact everyone, acting like it's nothing more than an excuse is just not living in the real word.
Sure, the reasoning wears thin after a while however, fair or not.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Guenette, Kleven get your stuff

You just have to laugh at this point. Poor guys who actually have to go out and get it done. I mean we still have a lot of great players in the lineup so it’s not over yet. It should be over for dj and Dorion but the players can still get it done.

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022

You’re right, it’s hard for even good teams to overcome injuries.

So when a bad team has so many injuries, it’s even worse.

And we’re a bad team.

We’re a bad team with a healthy lineup, and we’re an even worse team when injuries hit.

The idea that this is a good team is just that, an idea. It’s never been real.

Reactions: BondraTime

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
You’re right, it’s hard for even good teams to overcome injuries.

So when a bad team has so many injuries, it’s even worse.

And we’re a bad team.

We’re a bad team with a healthy lineup, and we’re an even worse team when injuries hit.

The idea that this is a good team is just that, an idea. It’s never been real.
We are a bad team but we also have some excellent players.

It won't take much to take this roster to the next level but Dorion/DJ are not the ones who will pull it off.

I noticed one of his wrists has been taped all season,
Odds are good he was already hurt, this is just him not being able to play through it anymore.

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
We are a bad team but we also have some excellent players.

It won't take much to take this roster to the next level but Dorion/DJ are not the ones who will pull it off.

Odds are good he was already hurt, this is just him not being able to play through it anymore.

Every single team in the NHL has some excellent players. Montreal has some excellent players. So does Arizona. So does Columbus.

Having some excellent players doesn’t make you a good team.

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
Has he just been playing with an injured wrist all year and they are finally willing to let him sit out to let it heal?

There was talk he may no be ready to start the year and he has had one taped all year.

Reactions: DrEasy

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
This may also accelerate a GM change. If you were already planning to do one, would you wait and let the old GM make any trades to bring in depth, or would you want the new GM to be making those decisions?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad