Proposal: CGY - PHI

Nov 24, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Not a bad swap if calgary throws in a second rounder. Fox is one of the best upcoming d prospects in the world. And Calgary could use a right shot like Simmonds.

Last edited:

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
That is a horrible offer, fox doesnt get anywhere close to simmonds. Flames dont really have the pieces that make sense. We dont have much we can give up without it affecting our team. Best we could do is like a bargain bin deal like:

Olivier Kylington + Andrew Mangiapane.

Even then i doubt the fylers bite.

Reactions: Devonator

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Not a bad swap if calgary throws in a second rounder. Fox is on of the best upcoming d prospects in the world. And Calgary could use a right shot like Simmonds.
Really? Better than Philippe Myers? Samuel Morin?
Adam Fox for Wayne Simmonds.

I think Simmonds would be a perfect fit with Mark Jankowski and Sam Bennett on the 3rd line.

Thoughts?
Does not address Flyers needs.

Nov 24, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
As a Flames fan I would like to apologize for this post. No value for the flyers here. Fox is good, best d prospect in the world is a major stretch. I’m not even sure I’d put him in the top 10-20 D playing outside the NHL
If anyone would have read what I said. I never said he is he best, he's one of the best. He's had some of the best college numbers since Brian Leetch.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
What are the chances that Fox stays with Harvard and becomes a free agent? Seems risky...

In an interview with Conroy this week he stated something along the lines that he is confident a deal will happen when the time comes. Apparently the flames check up quite often on fox.

Means nothing no, so many prospects have done it before.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
As a Flames fan I would like to apologize for this post. No value for the flyers here. Fox is good, best d prospect in the world is a major stretch. I’m not even sure I’d put him in the top 10-20 D playing outside the NHL

Me too...although i am not responsible for the delusional of my fellow fans

Reactions: Devonator

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Of course that isn't enough for Simmonds. But Fox is a really good player. He will be an NHL regular one day, leaning 3rd pair but it wouldn't surprise me if he is better.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Provorov Ghost
Sanheim Gudas
Morin Myers
Hagg Friedman
Bernhardt Hogberg

A forward will be the prospect coming back if Simmonds is moved....and a good one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad