Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] F Anthony Mantha signs with the Flames (1 year, $3.5M)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I like it. 1 year deal and he was moved for a 2nd and 4th this year. He won't help us win, is entertaining at times and will be an asset at the TDL. Glad we're doing smart things.

NinjaTurtle

Feb 29, 2020
Windsor, Ont.
Not excited by this signing. At least it’s only 1 year and hopefully can be flipped for picks at deadline. Don’t think his character and playing style should be what Conroy is going after.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Not excited by this signing. At least it’s only 1 year and hopefully can be flipped for picks at deadline. Don’t think his character and playing style should be what Conroy is going after.
I think he should be going after guys we can flip for picks who won't help us win. Kind of describes Mantha perfectly. Acquiring Trouba, Tavares ect would be smart too.

Reactions: JimmyB

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
at least calgary will have someone to focus their hate on. Watching this guy play is the most frustrating disapointment.
Mantha's time in Vegas was like elevator music: You didn't pay any attention to it while you were in the elevator, and you later couldn't recall it at all, but you are absolutely certain it was there.

Last edited:

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Yah he has a great chance to get top 2 line and PP time to get him some stats and then sell him at $1.75 mill for a 2nd.

If we could have

2 - Firsts
3 - Seconds in next years draft we could take one of our 2nds to move one of our firsts a little bit higher.

Reactions: Tofveve

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Good fit. Mantha can focus on producing and not have to worry about that pesky winning.

Flames can flip him to sucker at the deadline maybe, if that sucker ignored his time in Vegas.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I like it. 1 year deal and he was moved for a 2nd and 4th this year. He won't help us win, is entertaining at times and will be an asset at the TDL. Glad we're doing smart things.
After watching him with the Caps for 2 years, I can assure you he is not entertaining.

I do understand why Calgary signed him though: he chews his mouthguard exactly the same way as Matthew Tkachuk.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
After watching him with the Caps for 2 years, I can assure you he is not entertaining.

I do understand why Calgary signed him though: he chews his mouthguard exactly the same way as Matthew Tkachuk.
I think sometimes low effort players like him get irrational fan hatred. He's 6'5" 230 pounds and can put the puck in the net. We'll get a pick for him at the TDL.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I think sometimes low effort players like him get irrational fan hatred. He's 6'5" 230 pounds and can put the puck in the net. We'll get a pick for him at the TDL.
I agree from the point of view that for 3.5 million the price is about right. If you get 20 goals from him that would be excellent value and he should be capable of that especially with PP time.

He has a really nice shot and needs to use it more. And yes he's a big guy but he doesn't play very physically.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Frustrating player to watch. You know he has the talent and could be very good but he just doesn't deliver somehow.

Impossible to know for sure but sometimes it looks like he's just not giving his best effort.
Sometimes?

The way to get his best effort is to get him mad. But make sure he doesn't get in a fight and injure himself.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
I don’t get how someone with so many tools can struggle to put them together so wildly.

He’s massive, strong, can skate, has good hands and a wicked shot. Hell, he even beat somebody up this year. He should be a perennial 30 goal man and cause pure havoc for 31 teams instead of just 1.

I hope he can put it all together. He’s got a very interesting toolbag and it’s frustrating watching him fumble it.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad